Dreamboats And Petticoats, a compilation album of classic 60s rock 'n' roll tunes, became a best-selling album on its release and was swiftly followed by a sequel. Now, the hugely popular music from the albums has been used as the inspiration for this new musical from the writers of Birds Of A Feather and Goodnight Sweetheart, Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran.
Dreamboats And Petticoats, which has been seen on tour prior to its West End debut, is set in 1961 as young musicians Norman and Bobby compete to win a national song writing competition and, more importantly, the attention of the gorgeous Sue. But when Bobby discovers that shy Laura is no slouch on the piano, love and rock 'n' roll fame beckon.
Dreamboats And Petticoats features a line-up of classic 60s tunes from artists including Roy Orbison, The Shadows, Eddie Cochran and Billy Fury, such as Let's Dance, To Know Him Is To Love Him, Shaking All Over, Bobby's Girl, Three Steps To Heaven, Little Town Flirt, Only Sixteen, Runaround Sue, Happy Birthday Sweet 16, Let It Be Me, Great Pretender, C'mon Everybody and Let's Twist Again.
Dreamboats And Petticoats was first seen in the West End when it played at the Savoy theatre from July to October 2009.
Cast & Creatives
- Roger Martin, Sam Attwater, Scott Bruton, Susannah Allman, David Gayle, Charlotte Jeffrey, Gemma Salter, Kritopher Hudson, Michael Kantola, Joey Hickman, Richie Hart, Mike Lloyd, Alan Howell, Claire McGarahan, Jessica Dyas, Patrick Burbridge, Katie Pritchard
- Bob Tomson
- Book by
- Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran
- Bill Kenwright and Laurie Mansfield in association with Universal Music
- Carole Todd
- Lighting Designer
- Mark Howett
- Ben Harrison
- Northumberland Avenue, London, United Kingdom WC2N 5DE
- 0844 871 7631 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross(250m) Embankment (100m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 23, 24, 29, 53, 77A, 88, 91, 139, 159, 176, 453
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (250m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Trafalgar, only 5 minutes walk away, or Q-Park Chinatown. Single and double yellow lines in Northumberland Avenue. Taxi rank on the Embankment and at Charing Cross Station.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Fax: 020 8544 7485 Minicom: 0870 060 6641 Email: email@example.com
- Discounts depend on the current production - please check with the Box Office.
- Limited mobility
- There is good leg room in the Stalls and the Boxes.
- Access description
- Level access through double doors opening outwards from the pavement. Box Office on the left, then 3 shallow steps up to foyer. No further steps into Stalls seating. 28 steps up to Dress Circle and 82 steps up to Upper Circle. Staircases have highlights and hand rails. Hard flooring in foyer for wheelchairs. Theatre opens 30min before performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Induction loop system at Box Office. Infra-red system in auditorium. 11 headsets and 3 loops.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed inside the auditorium. Staff also available to dog-sit in foyer or Box Office.
- Contact the Box Office in advance so that the ramp (steep) can be placed over the 3 shallow steps inside the main entrance. No steps to the Stalls, which are on a shallow rake. 2 spaces for wheelchair users at G1 and G24. Companions can sit in same row. Scooter users can access the foyer and stalls, but must transfer. Transfer seating available to any Stalls aisle seat. Each wheelchair user must bring a non-disabled companion.
- Toilets off the restaurant bar, the Royal Circle and the Upper Circle.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet in foyer to the right of the Stalls entrance.
- Toilets off the stalls bar, the Dress Circle and the Upper Circle. No steps from Stalls to foyer bar (no seating). Stalls bar (moveable seats, tables) down 29 steps from foyer. Further bars at the back of the Royal Circle (bar stools) and at the Upper Circle (bar stools). Refreshments can be brought to customers in the auditorium – please book in advance.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens