Developed from the ever popular 1939 MGM screenplay, The Wizard Of Oz is an enchanting adaptation of the all-time musical classic, totally reconceived for the stage by the award-winning creative team who delighted audiences of all ages with their recent London Palladium revival of The Sound of Music.
The Wizard Of Oz follows farm girl Dorothy as she is transported from her home in Kansas to the magical kingdom of Oz, where, with the help of a Scarecrow, a Tin Man, a Cowardly Lion and her dog Toto she has to find a way home. Can the wonderful Wizard Of Oz help her, or will the Wicked Witch of The West and her flying monkeys get their hands on her very special ruby slippers?
This new production of The Wizard Of Oz contains all the much-loved songs from the Oscar-winning movie score including Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Follow The Yellow Brick Road, If I Only Had A Heart and We’re Off To See The Wizard, plus some new songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber adding extra colour to the story as it moves from film to stage.
Sophie Evans, runner up in BBC1’s Saturday night talent show Over The Rainbow, currently plays Dorothy.
For more about The Wizard Of Oz at the London Palladium read the First Night Feature.
Cast & Creatives
- Sophie Evans, Des O'Connor, Edward Baker-Duly, Martin Callaghan, Paul Keating, Emily Tierney, Marianne Benedict, Kate Oysten, Stephen Scott
- Adapted by
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jeremy Sams
- Jeremy Sams
- Music by
- Harold Arlen, additional music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Lyrics by
- EY Harburg, additional lyrics by Tim Rice
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Bill Kenwright
- Arlene Phillips
- Lighting Designer
- Hugh Vanstone
- Mick Potter
- Argyll Street, London, United Kingdom, W1F 7TF
- 0844 412 4655
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Oxford Circus (130m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 39, 55, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 137, 139, 159
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Oxford Street or Q-Park Soho. 2 blue badge parking bays in Ramillies Place, 2 on Great Marlborough Street (08:30-18:30, 4 hours max).
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0207 087 7960 Fax: 020 7087 7771 Minicom: 020 7887 7839
- Discounts available for wheelchair users and 1 companion.
- Limited mobility
- Aisle seats provide the most legroom.
- Access description
- From entrance foyer to Stalls: Up 3 steps, down 12 steps. Down ramped corridor to auditorium. To Royal Circle: Up 26 steps to auditorium, then down steps towards front row (potentially 20 steps). To Upper Circle: 47 steps to bar, further steps depending on seat location.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 30 headsets. Induction loop at box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into the auditorium in aisle seats and boxes only. Staff available to dog-sit.
- Press intercom on box office door for ramped. Alternative entrance off Ramillies Place, at the back of the theatre – please notify the Palladium host in advance. No steps to back of Stalls, although the auditorium is on a fairly steep rake. 4 spaces for wheelchair users at L46, O48, Q48 and S49. Companions can sit in same row. Transfer seating available to aisle seats. Chairlift from Box Office to Stalls available.
- 15 steps up from the foyer to the women’s and men’s, or 12 steps down from the main entrance to Stalls toilets.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted WC on the right inside Ramillies Place entrance, near rear of Stalls.
- 3 licensed bars. No steps to Variety Bar (Stalls level) from the entrance off Ramillies Place, down a slope with a handrail to your right. Moveable seats and tables. Dress Circle bar 7 steps up from the Dress Circle, with moveable seats. Narrow bar at Upper Circle level. Drinks in plastic cups may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens