The Globe's touring production of As You Like It makes a pit stop at the Globe as part of a national tour.
As You Like It runs the glorious gamut of pastoral romance: cross dressing and love-notes; poetry and brilliant conversation; gentle satire, slapstick and passion.
As You Like It follows Rosalind, the daughter of a banished duke, who falls in love with Orlando at a wrestling match. Her usurping uncle, jealous of her popularity banishes her from court. Disguised as a boy she leaves with her cousin Celia and the jester Touchstone, to search for her also-banished father in the Forest of Arden. Here she meets Orlando, who, having fled from a brother wishing to kill him, has spent his time pining for Rosalind. In her new role as a young man, the disguised Rosalind encourages him to practice his wooing techniques on her, always playing hard to get while helplessly falling ever more deeply in love with him.
Cast & Creatives
- William Shakespeare
- James Dacre
- Bankside, London, United Kingdom, SE1 9DT
- 020 7401 9919
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Mansion House, Bank, Southwark, Cannon Street or London Bridge
- Nearest bus
- 11, 15, 17, 23, 26, 45, 63, 76, 100, 344, 381, RV1
- Nearest train
- Mansion House, Bank, Southwark, Cannon Street or London Bridge.
Up to 2 disabled parking bays available outside theatre by special arrangement. Meters on New Globe Walk. NCP car park on Upper Thames Street. Free phone service for minicabs in foyer. Taxi rank outside main entrance.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7401 1409 Fax: 020 7902 1475 Textphone: 020 7902 1476
- Wheelchair users and companions have reduced price of £20 when seated in Gentlemen's Room Q.
- Limited mobility
- Lower Gallery most accessible with only 2-5 steps. There are 28 steps to the Middle Gallery and 50 steps to the Upper Gallery. Patrons who have booked seats in these galleries can be escorted up in the lift by a member of the front of house staff, who will then return at theinterval and at the end of the performance to collect them.
- Access description
- Entry to the main foyer is through heavy, glass double doors. On the left there is a wheelchair accessible automatic door which opens outwards and is operated by buttons on the inside and outside. There is a seperate ramped entrance to the Exhibition on Bankside. The Box Office is on the right hand side of the foyer, with an 800mm high counter for patrons using wheelchairs. A lift to the right of the Box Office gives access to the Theatre, Circle, Cafe and other hospitality areas and holds six people or one wheelchair plus companion. The lift door is 810mm wide. The Information Desk is directly in front of the main entrance doors, with a 750mm high counter for patrons using wheelchairs. A staircase to the left of the Information Desk, with a handrail on both sides, leads up to the gift Shop, Piazza, and Cafe areas. Glass doors open onto the Piazza which surrounds the theatre. There is a ramp in the open air space in the Yard.
- Hearing impaired
- Induction loop system available for all performances. Please be aware thet that Globe is an open air theatre and the loop will amplify all sounds, including aeroplanes overhead and boats on the river. Hearing aids should be switched to the T position. Hearing dogs are welcome, please inform the Box Office when booking and contact the house manager upon arrival.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are permitted inside the auditorium. Please inform the Box Office when booking and contact the house manager upon arrival. Please be aware thet the Yard can be very noisy and crowded and that certain productions contain loud nsound effects such as cannon fire.
- The Globe has provision for four wheelchair users, 3 in a Gentleman's box and 1 in the Yard. The Gentlemen's Box places are accessed by lift, and patrons are accompanied by a member of the Front of House staff. Wheelchair users and companions booking places in Gentlemen's Box Q can take advantage of reduced price tickets at £20. Wheelchair users should be aware that the Yard accomodates up to 600 people standing and that the stage is five feet above ground level so sight lines are limited. A wheelchair is available to assist patrons to their theatre seats. Unfortunately it cannot be used during performances.
- Men’s and Women’s at Globe Door 1and Globe Door 4, further toilets off the entrance foyer.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilets by Globe Door 1, next to first aid room on Piazza level, and on Lecture Theatre level – staff can assist.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens