Vivaciously scripted by emerging American writer Dominique Morisseau, Sunset Baby is an energised, vibrant and witty look at the point where the personal and political collide.
Kenyatta Shakur is alone. His wife has died, and now, this one time Black Revolutionary and political prisoner, is desperate to reconnect with his estranged daughter Nina. But Nina embodies everything that is contrary to the movement he fought for. She doesn’t trust him and she is certainly not going to forgive him. If Kenyatta truly wants to reconcile his past, he must first conquer his most challenging revolution of all – fatherhood.
Dominique Morisseau is a playwright and actress and a current member of the 2011 Public Theater Emerging Writer's Group. She is currently developing a three play cycle on her hometown Detroit.
Sunset Baby is directed by up and coming director Charlotte Westenra whose credits include the Donmar's Kiss Of The Spider Woman and the Globe's We The People.
Cast & Creatives
- Dominique Morisseau
- Charlotte Westenra
- 11 Pembridge Road, Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom, W11 3HQ
- 020 7229 0706
- Nearest tube
- Notting Hill Gate
- Nearest bus
- 27, 28, 31, 52, 328
On-street parking (pay & display at certain times)
- How to book
- BO: 0207 299 0706 E: firstname.lastname@example.org F: 0207 221 6055
- Limited mobility
- There are 20 steps from the entrance to the box office.
- Access description
- Not fully accessible. Up flight of stairs. No access for wheelchair users. Some services or facilites for sensory impaired people.
- Hearing impaired
- Induction loops.
- Guide dogs policy
- Wheelchair use must transfer to seat and be accompanied
- In box office foyer
- Disabled toilets
- Handrails in toilets.
- Above Prince Albert public house