Posh is set in an oak-panelled room in Oxford. Ten young bloods with cut-glass vowels and deep pockets are meeting, intent on restoring their right to rule. Members of an elite student dining society, the boys are bunkering down for a wild night of debauchery, decadence and bloody good wine. But this isn’t just a jolly: they’re planning a revolution. Welcome to the Riot Club.
Writer Laura Wade is a graduate of the Royal Court Young Writers Programme. Her first play for the Royal Court, Breathing Corpses, played in the Jerwood Theatre Upstairs in 2005 and won her the Critics’ Circle Theatre Award for Most Promising Playwright, the Pearson Playwrights Best Play Award, the George Devine Award and an Olivier Award Nomination for Outstanding Achievement in an Affiliate Theatre. She is currently adapting Posh into a feature film for Blueprint Pictures.
Posh is directed by Lyndsey Turner.
Cast & Creatives
- Max Bennett, Leo Bill, Pip Carter, Jolyon Coy, Richard Goulding, Edward Killingback, Harry Lister Smith, Henry Lloyd-Hughes, Charlotte Lucas, Johua McGuire, Tom Mison, Jessica Ransom, Steffan Rhodri, Simon Shepherd
- Laura Wade
- Lyndsey Turner
- Royal Court Theatre Productions
Duke of York's Theatre
- St Martin's Lane, London, United Kingdom, WC2N 4BG
- 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Leicester Square (approx. 100m)/ Charing Cross/Embankment (approx. 200/400m)
- Nearest bus
- 14, 19, 22, 24, 29, 38, 40, 176
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (approx. 200m)
50% of parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown or Q-Park Trafalgar, both only 5 minutes away from the theatre.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Fax: 020 7565 6465 Minicom: 0870 060 6641
- Discounts depend on the current production - please check with the Box Office.
- Limited mobility
- Royal circle is on street level, with 2 steps between rows.
- Access description
- No steps from the street through 2 sets of swing doors into the foyer. Box Office is straight ahead. No steps to row D of Royal Circle, then 2 steps between each row. Staircases have handrails on both sides and all steps are highlighted. 20 steps down to Stalls and 23 up to Upper Circle (2 steps between rows in the Upper Circle).
- Hearing impaired
- Dual channel infra-red system with 12 headsets. This covers the whole auditorium except the front boxes. Headsets available from cloakroom. Portable induction loop at Box Office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed inside the auditorium, or staff can dog-sit if preferred. Maximum of 4 guide dogs per performance. You will be seated in an aisle seat. Provisions vary depending on production and customer requirements - please check when booking.
- 2 spaces for wheelchair users in the third row of the Royal Circle at C23 and C1. Transfer seating at D18 and D1. Wheelchairs stored in the cloakroom in the foyer or in the Royal Circle if there is room. Maximum of 2 wheelchair transferees and 1 scooter per performance.
- Women’s up 2 steps from the foyer. Men’s off Stalls bar and Men’s and Women’s off Circle bar.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet at the back of the Royal Circle, on the right. The turning space is quite tight.
- 2 licensed bars. Stalls bar down 21 steps from the foyer, moveable seating. Circle bar up 23 steps moveable seating. Ice-cream and soft drinks on sale in cloak room. Beverages can be brought to disabled customers in auditorium - please ask duty manager.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens