As part of the World Shakespeare Festival, the RSC brings its latest production of The Tempest to the Roundhouse.
Prospero is usurped from his position as Duke of Milan and cast away with his daughter to a remote island. 12 years later and intent on revenge, he raises a magical tempest that shipwrecks his enemies on his shores.
What begins as a search for retribution develops into a journey of acceptance and compassion in Shakespeare's final play.
The Tempest plays along with Twelfth Night and The Comedy Of Errors as part of What Country Friends Is This?, an epic trilogy of Shakespeare's shipwreck plays exploring love, loss and reunion.
The Tempest is directed by RSC Associate Director David Farr.
Cast & Creatives
- Amer Hlehel, Jonathan McGuinness, Kevin McMonagle, Jonathan Slinger, Emily Taaffe & Sargon Yelda
- William Shakespeare
- David Farr
- Royal Shakespeare Company
- Chalk Farm Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 8EH
- 0844 482 8008
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Chalk Farm
- Nearest bus
- 24, 31, 168
On Site - by special arrangement
- How to book
- BO: 0870 389 1846 F: 020 7424 9992 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yes - 50% off and companion goes free
- Limited mobility
- 22 steps up to the entrance with handrails on both sides. More suitable alternative entrance available from the car park at the rear of the building. All areas accessible (except The merchandise centre, down steps near the main entrance). Floor bumpy and uneven. Some events have no seating, if you phone in advance they will arrange seating for you.
- Access description
- Good access for wheelchair users, but very uneven floors. No services or facilities for sensory impaired people. Staff have recieved training.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red hearing system in the main auditorium. Induction loop in the box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Yes, in portaloo in the car park, near the alternative entrance
- Disabled toilets
- The adapted toilet is a portaloo in the car park, near the alternative entrance.
- It is a temporary bar and can be located almost anywhere. You can take your drink back to your seat with you.