Sadler’s Wells is thrilled to welcome the San Francisco Ballet to London, where they will present three eclectic programmes over two weeks, performing some of their most popular works of recent years.
The San Francisco Ballet is the oldest professional ballet company in America and has a worldwide reputation for its vast and rich repertory performed by a virtuoso company.
San Francisco Ballet's Programme A features George Balanchine’s iconic large-scale work, Divertimento No. 15, set to Mozart’s chamber piece; choreographer Edwaard Liang’s abstract ballet Symphonic Dances, set to Rachmaninov’s intensely spiritual composition of the same name; and Christopher Wheeldon’s uplifting Number Nine, hailed as a “delectable paintbox of a dance” by The San Francisco Chronicle.
San Fransisco Ballet's Programme B brings together Wheeldon’s atmospheric 2010 ballet Ghosts; Ashley Page’s highly physical Guide to Strange Places set to pulsating music by John Adams; and Trio, choreographed by Tomasson and set to Tchaikovsky’s glorious Souvenir de Florence. A visually stunning triptych of a ballet, Trio boasts set and costumes as lush as the choreography.
San Fransisco Ballet's Programme C is comprised of four works: Mark Morris’ Beaux, a playful colourful work for nine men featuring costumes by Isaac Mizrahi; San Francisco Ballet Choreographer in Residence Yuri Possokhov’s interpretation of Prokofiev’s Classical Symphony; Possokhov’s multimedia dance theatre work RAkU, based on the story of the burning of Kyoto’s Golden Pavilion in 1950; and Christopher Wheeldon’s ethereal Within the Golden Hour, set to music by Italian composer Ezio Bosso and Vivaldi.
- Rosebery Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC1R 4TN
- 020 7863 8000
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Angel (250m)
- Nearest bus
- 19, 38, 341, 171a (Bus stop outside theatre) Sadler’s Wells Express Bus to Farringdon, Waterloo and Victoria stations only leaves 8 mins after each evening performance.
Car Park behind theatre – free space for disabled patrons – please book in advance.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7863 8000 / Minicom: 020 7863 8105 / Fax 020 7863 8199 / Web: www.sadlerswells.com/access (information only) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts available for all disabled theatregoers who join the Access For All scheme. For more information call or write using the above details or email email@example.com
- Limited mobility
- Rows J and K in the Stalls and aisle seats have the most leg room.
- Access description
- No steps through entrance on Rosebery Avenue into foyer through automatic doors. Textured flooring to Box Office straight ahead with lowered counters and induction loop. Information monitors above Box Office. Steps have handrails and highlights. Lifts to all levels on right hand side of foyer, or 42 steps to 1st Circle, 63 to 2nd Circle. Signage raised and repeated at wheelchair accessible height. Voice announcements, Braille signage and monitor in lifts.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 15 headsets – please book. Avoid back of Stalls. Collect headsets from shop. Deposit required.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into auditorium (aisle seats are best) and staff available to dog-sit.
- 15 spaces for wheelchair users in rows J–K of Stalls and in Stalls side gallery. 6 spaces at 1st Circle – take the lift from the foyer (to right of entrance). Companions can sit next to you or nearby depending on how many of the spaces have been booked.
- Men and women’s on 1st Circle and 2nd Circle levels, men’s in basement and women’s on mezzanine. Some toilets have large cubicles with grip rails.
- Disabled toilets
- 5 adapted toilets by right-hand entrance to Stalls, by lifts to 1st Circle and 2nd Circle, at basement and mezzanine levels.
- Bars at Stalls, 1st Circle and 2nd Circle levels all have moveable seats and tables and accessible counters.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens