The love story first seen in classic 90s movie The Bodyguard is brought to the stage in a fantastic musical adaptation featuring original screen star Whitney Houston's unforgettable back catalogue of pop hits.
When a former Secret Service agent, now a bodyguard, is hired to protect superstar Rachel Marron from a stalker, both expect to be in charge. Neither expect to fall in love.
Based on the hit film of the 1990s starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, The Bodyguard features a host of chart-topping hits, including Queen Of The Night, So Emotional, One Moment In Time, Saving All My Love, I’m Your Baby Tonight, I Have Nothing, I Wanna Dance With Somebody and the iconic, chart-dominating I Will Always Love You.
The cast of The Bodyguard is led by former X Factor winner Alexandra Burke, whose hits include Hallelujah, Broken Heels, All Night Long and Bad Boys.
Burke is joined in The Bodyguard by British actor and former Casualty star Tristan Gemmill, and Carole Stennett, who follows in the footsteps of Olivier Award nominee Debbie Kurup, as Rachel Marron's sister Nicki.
Alexandra Burke is not scheduled to perform at Wednesday or Saturday matinees including any revised matinee performances.
Cast & Creatives
- Alexandra Burke, Tristan Gemmill, Carole Stennett, Richard Lloyd King, Stephen Marcus, Dominic Taylor, Michael Rouse, Stuart Reid, Gareth Andrews, Kimball Armes, Christopher Birch, Hannah Fairclough, Robert Gill, Nicky Griffiths, Ben Harrold, Jamie Hughes-Ward, Alex Jackson, Genesis Lynea, Fergal McGoff, Sara Morley, Joelle Moses, David O’Mahoney, Stuart Rogers, Kyle Seeley, Danielle Steers, Katy Stredder, Christopher Terry
- Thea Sharrock
- Book by
- Alex Dinelaris
- Michael Harrison and David Ian
- Arthur Pita
- Lighting Designer
- Mark Henderson
- Richard Brooker
- Strand, London, WC2E 7NA
- 020 3725 7060
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Covent Garden (400m) Charing Cross/Embankment (300m)
- Nearest bus
- 6, 9, 11,13, 15, 23, 77A, 91, 139, 176
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (200m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown, only 8 minutes walk away. Single yellow lines and meters behind theatre on Maiden Lane. Meters further up.
- How to book
- Main Access Line: 020 3725 7066; Audio described performances: 020 7759 1705
- Discounts are available for wheelchair users and their companions.
- Limited mobility
- Front section of the Stalls is most accessible area.
- Access description
- The main entrance has a ramp and automatic doors. Box Office counter to the right inside the entrance. No steps to Stalls from foyer. 41 steps up to the Dress Circle; 79 to the Upper Circle. Most staircases are highlighted and have handrails on both sides. Theatre opens 45 minutes before the performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Williams Sound Infra-red system (Check with theatre for coverage)
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium and Front of House staff are happy to dog-sit (maximum 2).
- No steps to Stalls from foyer. 2 spaces for wheelchair users at the back - view slightly restricted. Transfer seating available to any stalls aisle seat. A maximum of 4 wheelchairs can be stored in the cloakroom. Provisions for 4 wheelchairs/scooter transferees per performance - please check when booking.
- Level access to women's toilets in the main entrance foyer and to both men's and women's in the Stalls. Men's and women's toilets available in the Dress Circle foyer area. Access to toilets in the Upper Circle involves a number of steps.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet by the entrance to the Stalls.
- 4 licensed bars. Jessie Matthews bar down 20 steps from foyer. Vivienne Ellis bar has level access from stalls. Dress Circle bar up 30 steps. Upper Circle bar 63 steps. Limited seating. Drinks can be taken to disabled customers in the auditorium.