Cian Barry, Arthur Darvill and Laurence Fox star in Jonathan Lewis’ wonderfully funny yet searingly honest account of the tribulations, tedium and terror that young soldiers face when recovering from injuries incurred in the line of duty.
Five young soldiers are killing nothing but time when their daily routine of TV, lonely hearts ads and light-hearted banter is shattered by the arrival of an unwelcome authority figure, a young officer fresh from Sandhurst. The camaraderie of this unlikely band of brothers is soon jeopardised by a dangerous incident and an act of betrayal. With charges of misconduct looming, accusations fly, and then the fighting really starts.
Barry, Darvill and Fox are all best known for their on screen roles. Barry has appeared in New Tricks, Titanic, Shameless and Waking The Dead, Darvill is well known for his role as Rory Williams in Doctor Who and Fox stars as Detective Sergeant James Hathaway in the ITV drama series Lewis.
Barry was recently seen on stage in The Member Of The Wedding at the Young Vic, Darvill’s recent stage appearances include the RSC’s Soft Cops, Doctor Faustus at Shakespeare’s Globe and Swimming With Sharks at the Vaudeville theatre and Fox’s most recent stage work includes Mrs Warren’s Profession at the Novello.
Our Boys is brought to the West End for the first time by the creative team behind Journey’s End, including director David Grindley.
Based on Lewis’ own experiences, Our Boys won the Best New Play Award at the 1993 Writers Guild Fringe Awards.
Cast & Creatives
- Cian Barry, Arthur Darvill, Laurence Fox, Matthew Lewis
- Jonathan Lewis
- David Grindley
- James Seabright, Jenny Topper, Sue Scott Davison and Lee Menzies
- Lighting Designer
- Jason Taylor
- Gregory Clarke
- Catherine Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2B 5LA
- 0844 579 1973
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Covent Garden (250m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 4, 6, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 77A, 91, 139, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 243, 341
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (625m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown or Q-Park Trafalgar. Single yellow lines in Russell Street.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0207 087 7960 Minicom: 0207 087 7835
- available for all disabled people and their companions. Dependent on production, please contact for more details.
- Limited mobility
- F1 and F22 in the Stalls have the most leg room. Staff will also try to find suitable seating on the night.
- Access description
- One shallow step up from Catherine Street on a slight slope – lower to the right. facing main entrance. 10 steps up to the Dress Circle (3 steep steps between each row). 20 steps down to the Stalls. Staircases have handrails on both sides, and some steps are highlighted. Auditorium open 30 mins prior to performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser system with 6 headsets. Avoid the first 3 rows in the Stalls and the boxes as the signal is not very strong there.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium if you are seated in an aisle seat or a box. Staff will also dog-sit in manager’s office for a maximum of 2 guide dogs per performance.
- Steps to all parts of the auditorium. Wheelchair users who need to remain in their chairs can use AAT Major stair-climber which lowers chairs to the stalls level, where there are spaces at N1 and N29. Please note, the stair-climber is not stored in site so advance notification is essential. Alternatively, if you are able to transfer from your chair, theatre staff will be able to assist you to any aisle seat in the Dress Circle, which is up 12 steps. Your chair will be stored in a cloakroom by the Stalls. Staff are happy to help. F1 and F22 in the Stalls have the most leg room. Staff will also try to find suitable seating on the night.
- Women’s and men’s by Stalls, plus men’s 8 steps up and women’s 17 steps up from the Dress Circle.
- Disabled toilets
- One adapted toilet at Stalls. Door opens inwards.
- 2 licensed bars. Drinks may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. No steps from the Box Office into the Foyer Bar, through a set of double doors. There is another bar 3 steps down from the Stalls. Moveable seats.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens