Going behind the microphone and under the judge's desk to reveal the (not necessarily accurate) story of heartache and laughter that keeps millions tuning in every week. In turn irreverent, anarchic and strangely touching, I Can’t Sing! is an affectionate poke at the world's most talked about talent show that will please friends and foes of The X Factor in equal measure.
Harry Hill and Steve Brown's brand new comedy features 19 original songs, a host of contestants–with varying degrees of ability–and is possibly the only musical in the world with a singing hunchback, a talking dog and a man in an iron lung (this is yet to be formally verified). With Simon apparently backing it 4500%, I Can’t Sing! promises to be a lid-lifting theatrical rollercoaster ride behind the scenes at the mother of all singing competitions.
Cast & Creatives
- Nigel Harman, Cynthia Erivo, Alan Morrissey, Simon Lipkin, Simon Bailey, Charlie Baker, Billy Carter, Victoria Elliott, Ashley Knight, Katy Secombe, Joe Speare, Delroy Atkinson, Rowen Hawkins, Steven Serlin, Shaun Smith, Alex Young, Luke Baker, Adam J Bernard, Jenna BOyd, Cyrus Brandon, Gabrielle Brooks, Scarlette Douglas, Kelly Ewins-Prouse, Scott Garnham, Cherelle Jay, Faisal Khodabukus, Jaye Marshall, Brian McCann, Max Parker, Joseph Prouse, Kirstie Skivington, Philippa Stefani, Gary Trainor
- Sean Foley
- Music by
- Steve Brown
- Lyrics by
- Steve Brown & Harry Hill
- Book by
- Harry Hill
- Stage Entertainment and Syco Entertainment
- Kate Prince
- Lighting Designer
- Jon Clark
- Gareth Owen
- Argyll Street, London, United Kingdom, W1F 7TF
- 0844 412 4655
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Oxford Circus (130m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 39, 55, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 137, 139, 159
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Oxford Street or Q-Park Soho. 2 blue badge parking bays in Ramillies Place, 2 on Great Marlborough Street (08:30-18:30, 4 hours max).
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0207 087 7960 Fax: 020 7087 7771 Minicom: 020 7887 7839
- Discounts available for wheelchair users and 1 companion.
- Limited mobility
- Aisle seats provide the most legroom.
- Access description
- From entrance foyer to Stalls: Up 3 steps, down 12 steps. Down ramped corridor to auditorium. To Royal Circle: Up 26 steps to auditorium, then down steps towards front row (potentially 20 steps). To Upper Circle: 47 steps to bar, further steps depending on seat location.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 30 headsets. Induction loop at box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into the auditorium in aisle seats and boxes only. Staff available to dog-sit.
- Press intercom on box office door for ramped. Alternative entrance off Ramillies Place, at the back of the theatre – please notify the Palladium host in advance. No steps to back of Stalls, although the auditorium is on a fairly steep rake. 4 spaces for wheelchair users at L46, O48, Q48 and S49. Companions can sit in same row. Transfer seating available to aisle seats. Chairlift from Box Office to Stalls available.
- 15 steps up from the foyer to the women’s and men’s, or 12 steps down from the main entrance to Stalls toilets.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted WC on the right inside Ramillies Place entrance, near rear of Stalls.
- 3 licensed bars. No steps to Variety Bar (Stalls level) from the entrance off Ramillies Place, down a slope with a handrail to your right. Moveable seats and tables. Dress Circle bar 7 steps up from the Dress Circle, with moveable seats. Narrow bar at Upper Circle level. Drinks in plastic cups may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens