A new musical version of hit film Bend It Like Beckham The Musical brings the striking tale of a female footballer to the London stage.
Written and directed by Gurinder Chadha, who worked on the original film starring Keira Knightley and Parminder Nagra, the musical tells the story of Jess, a young woman with a big decision to make. Should she live up to family expectations and head towards university and marriage or chase her dreams and follow in the footsteps of Golden Balls himself, David Beckham?
Bend It Like Beckham The Musical boasts songs by Howard Goodall (Love Story, The Hired Man) and Charles Hart (The Phantom Of The Opera, Aspects Of Love). The production's creative team also includes choreographer Aletta Collins, designer Miriam Buether and co-writer Paul Mayeda Berges.
Cast & Creatives
- Natalie Dew, Lauren Samuels, Jamie Muscato, Sophie-Louise Dann, Jamal Andréas, Preeya Kalidas, Natasha Jayetileke, Tony Jayawardena, Sohm Kapila, Buckso Dhillon-Woolley, Harveen Mann, Irvine Iqbal, Karl Seth, Sejal Keshwala, Serina Mathew, Sharan Phull, Rakesh Boury, Jorell Coiffic-Kamall, Tom Millen, Daniel Bolton, Raj Bajaj, Michelle Bishop, Lisa Bridge, Chloe Chambers, Genesis Lynea, Kirstie Skivington, Danielle Young, Rekha Sawhney, Shahid Khan, Kayleigh McKnight
- Paul Mayeda Berges & Gurinder Chadha
- Gurinder Chadha
- Sonia Friedman Productions
- Aletta Collins
- Katrina Lindsay
- Lighting Designer
- Neil Austin
- Set Designer
- Miriam Buether
- Richard Brooker
- Charing Cross Road, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 0JP
- 0843 316 1082 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Tottenham Court Road (100m) Leicester Square (130m).
- Nearest bus
- 19, 22, 24, 38, 40, 176
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown only 4 minutes walk away.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts available for all wheelchair users and companions.
- Limited mobility
- Front row of the Dress Circle (21 steps up from the foyer) and all of the Stalls seats have good leg room.
- Access description
- Main entrance (Phoenix Street) up a 10cm step through swing doors into the foyer. Box Office counter to the left. Staircases have handrails on both sides. Stalls down 24 steps from the foyer, Dress Circle up 21 steps (2 steps between rows). Upper Circle up 42 steps. Venue carpeted throughout.
- Hearing impaired
- Ezee portable induction loop at box office. Infra-red system in the auditorium.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are welcome but are not permitted inside the auditorium. Staff are available to look after dogs in the staff room.
- Please ask a member of staff to open the side entrance on Flitcroft Street. Space for 1 wheelchair user and companion in Box C; not suitable for oversized/large electric wheelchairs. 2 transfer seats available to Dress Circle A27 and A28. Venue is not suitable for scooters, however 1 transferee is allowed in the transfer seats.
- 11 steps to the women’s and men’s off the Stalls. 15 steps up from the Dress Circle bar to women’s and men’s at this level, and further toilets at Upper Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet behind Box C in the Dress Circle. There are 2 slightly awkward turns.
- 4 licensed bars. Stalls bar down 3 steps from Stalls, Dress Circle bar up 3 steps from the Dress Circle (no seating). Soft drinks in plastic cups may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens