Note for families! This show is taking part in Kids Week, the annual promotion that allows kids to go free to London shows during August, when accompanied by a full-paying adult.
Based on the 2005 comedy film about a son who reluctantly inherits his father’s shoe factory, Tony and Olivier Award-winning musical Kinky Boots struts its spectacular stuff at the Adelphi Theatre.
Big-hearted and high-spirited, the musical tells the true story of Charlie Price, the new owner of his late father’s Northampton shoe factory. Trying to live up to his father’s legacy and save the family business from bankruptcy, Charlie finds inspiration in the form of Lola, an entertainer in need of some sturdy stilettos.
As they work to turn the factory around, this unlikely pair finds that they have more in common than they ever dreamed possible… and discovers that when you change your mind, you can change the world.
The production features a book by four-time Tony Award winner Harvey Fierstein, music and lyrics by pop icon Cyndi Lauper and direction by Jerry Mitchell, whose credits include Dirty Rotten Scoundrels The Musical, Hairspray and Legally Blonde The Musical. Its beloved status in the West End was consolidated in its Best New Musical victory at the 2016 Olivier Awards ceremony, proving that sometimes the best way to fit in... is to stand out!
Cast & Creatives
- David Hunter, Simon-Anthony Rhoden, Verity Rushworth, Cordelia Farnworth, Alan Mehdizadeh, Michael Hobbs, Jed Berry, Momar Diagne, Lauren Drew, Dale Evans, Jordan Fox, Rosie Glossop, Keith Higham, Ben Jennings, Georgia Louise, Emma Odell, Antony Reed, Tom Scanlon, Suzie McAdam, Jemal Felix, George Grayson, Robert Grose, Melissa Jacques, Robert Jones, Jane Milligan, Robin Mills, Sean Needham, Jon Reynolds, Dominic Tribuzio
- Jerry Mitchell
- Music by
- Cyndi Lauper
- Lyrics by
- Cyndi Lauper
- Book by
- Harvey Fierstein
- Daryl Roth and Hal Luftig, James L. Nederlander, Terry Allen Kramer, Independent Presenters Network, CJ E&M, Jayne Baron Sherman, Just for Laughs Theatricals/Judith Ann Abrams, Yasuhiro Kawana, Jane Bergere, Allan S. Gordon & Adam S. Gordon, Ken Davenport, Hunter Arnold, Lucy and Phil Suarez, Bryan Bantry, Ron Fierstein and Dorsey Regal, Jim Kierstead/Gregory Rae, BB Group/Christina Papagjika, Michael DeSantis/Patrick Baugh, Brian Smith/Tom and Connie Walsh, Warren Trepp, and Jujamcyn Theaters, in association with Cameron Mackintosh
- Gregg Barnes
- Lighting Designer
- Kenneth Posner
- Set Designer
- David Rockwell
- John Shivers
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Strand, London, WC2E 7NA
- 020 3725 7060
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Covent Garden (400m) Charing Cross/Embankment (300m)
- Nearest bus
- 6, 9, 11,13, 15, 23, 77A, 91, 139, 176
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (200m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown, only 8 minutes walk away. Single yellow lines and meters behind theatre on Maiden Lane. Meters further up.
- How to book
- 020 7759 1705
- Discounts are available for wheelchair users and their companions.
- Limited mobility
- Front section of the Stalls is most accessible area.
- Access description
- The main entrance has a ramp and automatic doors. Box Office counter to the right inside the entrance. No steps to Stalls from foyer. 41 steps up to the Dress Circle; 70 to the Upper Circle. Most staircases are highlighted and have handrails on both sides. Theatre opens 45 minutes before the performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Williams Sound Infra-red system (Check with theatre for coverage)
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium and Front of House staff are happy to dog-sit (maximum 2).
- No steps to Stalls from foyer. 2 wheelchair spaces at the back of stalls - view slightly restricted. Transfer seating available to any stalls aisle seat. A maximum of 4 wheelchairs can be stored in the cloakroom. Provisions for 4 wheelchairs/scooter transferees per performance - please check when booking.
- Level access to women's toilets in the main entrance foyer and to both men's and women's in the Stalls. Men's and women's toilets available in the Dress Circle foyer area. Access to toilets in the Upper Circle involves a number of steps.
- Disabled toilets
- Foyer & Stalls
- 4 licensed bars. Jessie Matthews bar down 20 steps from foyer. Vivienne Ellis bar has level access from stalls. Dress Circle bar up 30 steps. Upper Circle bar 63 steps. Limited seating. Drinks can be taken to disabled customers in the auditorium.