Funny Girl, making its first return to the West End in 50 years, transfers to the Savoy Theatre following its run at London Bridge's Menier Chocolate Factory.
Made famous in the 1968 film starring Barbra Streisand, Funny Girl is the musical classic telling the fascinating bitter-sweet story of Fanny Brice, whose vocal talents and comedic ability see her rise from Brooklyn music hall singer to Broadway star, and her tempestuous relationship with gambler Nicky Arnstein.
This bold new production features music by Jule Styne and lyrics by Bob Merrill, a book by Isobel Lennart from an original story by Miss Lennart, with revisions by Harvey Fierstein, and is directed by Michael Mayer (Hedwig And The Angry Itch and Spring Awakening on Broadway).
The classic piece features an iconic score including some of musical theatre's best loved songs from People to Don't Rain On My Parade.
Gone With The Wind and From Here To Eternity star Darius Campbell reprises his role for the West End transfer.
Cast & Creatives
- Sheridan Smith, Darius Campbell, Valda Aviks, Natasha J Barnes, Marilyn Cutts, Maurice Lane, Bruce Montague, Joel Montague, Gay Soper, Philip Bertioli
- Michael Mayer
- Music by
- Jule Styne
- Lyrics by
- Bob Merrill
- Book by
- Isobel Lennart from an original story by Miss Lennart with revisions by Harvey Fierstein
- Sonia Friedman Productions, Scott Landis Productions and Chocolate Factory Productions
- Lynne Page
- Matthew Wright
- Lighting Designer
- Mark Henderson
- Set Designer
- Michael Pavelka
- Richard Brooker
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Strand, London, United Kingdom, WC2R 0ET
- 0844 871 7687 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross/Embankment (400m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 77a, 91, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 243, 341, 521, RV1
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown. Adelphi Garage Valet Parking (020 7836 4838).
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Email: email@example.com
- Discounts for all disabled customers, please call the Box Office to check availability.
- Limited mobility
- Upper Circle has the least number of steps but the Stalls has the most leg room, especially H1 and H28.
- Access description
- Access to the main auditorium through a side entrance from the Embankment side of Carting Lane. The Box Office can provide a map showing the route (approx. 100m from main entrance). Carting Lane is fairly steep - helper needed, please inform the Box Office at the time of booking and contact the Stage Door on arrival. From here, access is level to the front of the Dress Circle. 2 spaces for wheelchair users on the right hand side. Companions can sit nearby in F1 or 2. Transfer seating is available to F1 in the Dress Circle. Each wheelchair user must bring a non-disabled companion with them. Call 0207 845 6050 for assistance.
- Hearing impaired
- Radio receivers with headsets - collect from Cloakroom at Dress Circle level. Please book in advance, deposit required.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed in the auditorium or staff will dog-sit by prior arrangement office. Dogs will be looked after in the Manager’s Office.
- No steps to Box Office through 3 sets of double doors which open inwards. Box Office counter is to right. From a door beside the foyer entrance there are 2 steps into the Upper Circle. 33 steps down to Dress Circle (2 steps between rows), 71 down to Stalls. Staircases have handrails on both sides. Separate entrance for wheelchair users or special needs at street level via a ramp from Carting Lane.
- Women’s and men’s toilets are 20 steps up from the Dress Circle, between Dress Circle and Stalls, at Stalls level and at Upper Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet to the right of the Dress Circle.
- 4 licensed bars. Dress Circle bar 7 steps up from Dress Circle. Another bar 4 steps up from front of Stalls and mezzanine bar 20 steps down from Dress Circle - all with moveable seats. Drinks in plastic cups may be brought into the auditorium for disabled patrons.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens