Billed as “the eighth story, 19 years later”, Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Parts One And Two arrives in the West End as a new two-part play written by JK Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany.
Jamie Parker takes on the role of Harry Potter, now a husband and father of three school-age children. As Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth, that sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places.
Parker, whose recent London stage roles include hit musicals Guys And Dolls and High Society, is joined in the cast by Olivier Award winner Noma Dumezweni (Linda, Royal Court) as Hermione and Paul Thornley (A Chorus Of Disapproval, West End) as Ron.
Tiffany and Thorne, who worked together on the Royal Court's acclaimed production of Let The Right One In, join forces with movement director Steven Hoggett, designer Christine Jones and sound designer Gareth Fry, all of whom worked with them on the vampire myth, to bring the new wizarding tale to life on the London stage.
Please note, this production is staged in two parts. For full ticketing details visit the show’s website.
Cast & Creatives
- Jamie Parker, Noma Dumezweni, Paul Thornley
- JK Rowling, Jack Thorne, John Tiffany
- John Tiffany
- Music by
- Imogen Heap
- Sonia Friedman Productions, Colin Callender’s Playground Entertainment & Harry Potter Theatrical Productions
- Katrina Lindsay
- Lighting Designer
- Neil Austin
- Movement Director
- Steven Hoggett
- Set Designer
- Christine Jones
- Gareth Fry
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Shaftesbury Avenue, London, United Kingdom W1D 5AY
- 0330 333 4813
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Leicester Square (approx. 150m)
- Nearest bus
- 14, 19, 24, 29, 38, 40, 176
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0330 333 4815 Fax: 020 7087 7771 Email: email@example.com
- Discounts available for wheelchair users.
- Limited mobility
- B3, B28, D2, D29 in the Stalls and Boxes (restricted view) have the best leg room.
- Access description
- 2 steps up to the foyer, through a set of double swing doors. Box Office level access through first door on Shaftesbury Avenue. Box office with lowered counter for easy wheelchair access. All stairs have highlights and handrails on both sides. 3 steps down from the foyer to the Stalls, 30 steps up to the Dress Circle, 56 to the Upper Circle, 77 to the Balcony, which is very steep. Theatre open 45 mins before performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Andrews system with 20 headsets. Induction loop at box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed inside the auditorium, alternatively staff can dog-sit (maximum of 4 guide dogs per performance).
- No steps to the auditorium through a side EXIT on Shaftesbury Avenue. One 3cm step into the theatre and a slight incline to the Stalls which has 1 space for a wheelchair/scooter user and their companion at W27. Transfer seating available to any Stalls aisle seat (maximum of 4 wheelchairs and 1 scooter can be stored at back of Stalls).
- 10 steps down from the Stalls to women’s and men’s, and further women’s and men’s off the Dress Circle Bar and at Upper Circle and Balcony.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet by wheelchair users’ entrance.
- 4 licensed bars. No level access to bars - drinks brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. All bars have moveable seats. Stalls bar down 15 steps from the Stalls; the Dress Circle bar is level with the Dress Circle. Further bars at Upper Circle and Balcony levels. Drinks can be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens