Two-time Olivier Award-winner Michael Crawford returns to the West End in moving coming of age musical The Go-Between, based on the novel by L. P. Hartley.
The esteemed Crawford, perhaps best known for his award-winning role as the original West End titular character in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom Of The Opera, here plays Leo Colston, a man unable to escape the nostalgic clutches of his memories of the past.
Recounting the summer of 1900, scorching heat and long days spent in Norfolk, he longingly recalls holidays spent in a luxurious country home with friends. But before long, Leo finds himself embroiled in a forbidden secret love affair, acting as the go-between in a furtive relationship between beautiful upper-class Marian and lowly tenant-farmer Ted.
Caught up in a world of deceit, manipulation and trickery, Leo risks everything as events escalate around him, in turn promising devastating effects that will shape his life forever.
A deeply moving coming of age story, directed by Roger Haines.
Cast & Creatives
- Michael Crawford, Gemma Sutton, Stuart Ward, Issy van Randwyck, Julian Forsyth, Silas Wyatt-Barke, John Addison, Stephen Carlile, Jenni Bowden, Luka Green, William Thompson, Johnny Evans Hutchison, Archie Stevens, Matty Norgren, Samuel Menhinick
- L. P. Hartley
- Adapted by
- Richard Taylor & David Wood
- Roger Haines
- Joe Smith & Bill Kenwright
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Shaftesbury Avenue, London, United Kingdom, W1D 7EZ
- 0330 333 4809
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Piccadilly Circus (250m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 14, 19, 22, 24, 29, 38, 55, 176
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Soho or Q-Park Chinatown, both only 5 minutes away from the theatre.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0330 333 4815 Minicom: 020 7087 7835
- available for all disabled people and their companions.
- Limited mobility
- All of row O (especially O1, O2, O13 and O14) in the Stalls have very good leg room.
- Access description
- 8cm step into the foyer through swing double doors. Box Office counter on the left. 22 steps down from foyer to Stalls, 12 up to the Dress Circle, with 2 steps between rows in the auditorium. 35 steps up to the Upper Circle and 75 to the Balcony. Handrails on both sides of the staircases. Stairlift to stalls access through double doors to the left of the upper circle entrance on Shaftesbury Avenue. Stairlift or 12 steps down to the stalls. Theatre open 30min before the start of the performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser infra-red system with limited number of head sets available. Avoid front 3 rows of Stalls. Deposit required.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into the auditorium and staff are also available to dog sit. Dogs will be looked after in Stalls bar or in manager's office. Maximum 2 dogs at a time.
- On arrival please report to the Main Entrance. A member of staff will then accompany you to the wheelchair access entrance on Shaftesbury Avenue where there is a platform lift to the Stalls level of the Auditorium. 2 spaces for wheelchair users in seats F1 and G1 in the Stalls. Wheelchair transferees can be accommodated in Stalls. Recommended seats are E1, H1 and J1 but other seats are available. Wheelchairs are stored near auditorium right Stalls level. Venue not suitable for scooters. Auditorium is carpeted with steep raking.
- Adapted toilet to the rear of the Stalls level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet in the Stalls.
- Stalls and Upper Circle levels have bars. No access to bars for wheelchair users but staff members can bring drinks to you.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens