1930s Broadway classic Once In A Lifetime is brought to the Young Vic this Christmas, telling the farcical story of three New York vaudevillians who, upon the advent of talking motion pictures in Hollywood, journey West to capitalise by opening an elocution school.
When the first-ever talking movie opens to smash-hit success, every actor suddenly needs a voice. Espying an opportunity, the trio present themselves as experts in the field of elocution, the perfect candidates to prepare starlets for the silver screen.
But in a city powered by all-powerful studio moguls, neurotic screenwriters and clueless hopefuls, can the three friends retain the life of glitz, glamour and success they attain, or will their desire for fame peter out as the responsibilities amass?
Directed by the Olivier Award-winning Young Vic favourite Richard Jones, the show runs across the festive season to tickle ribs and warm hearts in classic Moss Hart & George S. Kaufman satire-loaded style.
Cast & Creatives
- Daniel Abelson, Kevin Bishop, Claudie Blakley, Okorie Chukwu, Lucy Cohu, Lizzy Connolly, Buffy Davis, Harry Enfield, Otto Farrant, Amy Griffiths, Amanda Lawrence, John Marquez
- Moss Hart & Goerge S. Kaufman
- Adapted by
- Christopher Hart
- Richard Jones
- Lorena Randi
- Nicky Gillibrand
- Lighting Designer
- Jon Clark
- Sarah Angliss
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- The Cut, Waterloo, London, United Kingdom, SE1 8LZ
- 020 7922 2922
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Waterloo Station is on the Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northern, Waterloo & City lines. Southwark Station is on the Jubilee line.
- Nearest train
- Waterloo & Waterloo East. Charing Cross and London Bridge stations are one stop away.
Our theatre is in a residential area so car parking is limited and subject to restrictions. We’d recommend using public transport but if you drive you can park at National Car Park Ltd on Upper Ground, Coin Street and at Waterloo Station. We are in London's congestion zone operating 7am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7922 2922 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- £5 off top price tickets.
- Limited mobility
- Seating at the Young Vic is unreserved, so your ticket won't have a seat number and you can sit where you fancy. Every seat has a great view, there are no pillars or obstructions and you'll never be more than seven rows away from the action. So take your time, enjoy a drink or the company of friends and don't worry about queuing to get in. We are happy to reserve you a seat or provide assistance if you have access requirements. Please let us know in advance of your visit and we'll do what we can to help.
- Access description
- There is an automated set of doors with release button to the right at the front of the theatre. A lift rises to the next level (at the back of the bar space) There are some steps within the auditorium but these differ with each show. Seats can be reserved to meet varying needs.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are not allowed in the auditorium but can be left with front of hous staff who are happy to dog-sit.
- Wheelchair and transfer seating available on request, please call in advance.
- The Cut serves core classics and inspired specials. On two levels, in a generous, open and comfortable space which includes an outside terrace, The Cut is a vibrant hub within the Young Vic. Open for breakfast, lunch, early dinner, pre- and post- theatre food and drink.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens