The songs and routines of the iconic Noel Gay adorn this quick-fire, side-splitting romp through the favourites of the ‘40s, as a desperate radio host broadcasts amidst the chaos of air-raids.
Radio Times is set in the heart of London’s Blitz-battered West End, where Variety Bandwagon, the BBC’s light entertainment radio show, boosts spirits and keeps morale high for the war effort.
But star of the show Sammy Shaw faces a battle of his own to keep the show running with the bombs falling outside. Can he hold on to his leading lady and broadcast live to America for the very first time?
Packed with quick-fire gags and side-splitting routines from Gay, including beloved tunes such as Run Rabbit Run, My Thanks To You and There’s Something About A Soldier, this is a hilarious evening’s entertainment.
Cast & Creatives
- Ben Woolf
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
Charing Cross Theatre
- The Arches, Villiers Street, London, WC2N 6NG
- 020 7478 0170
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross
Difficult to find free disabled bays, metered parking available.
- How to book
- BO: 0870 033 2626
- Limited mobility
- Level access, There are 16 steps down to the stalls area. The stalls area of the theatre are down 16 steps, however the balconies are on ground floor level. The balcony has removeable seating which can accommodate 5 wheelchairs with a good view of the stage.
- Guide dogs policy
- Some access for wheelchair users. 5 wheelchair spaces.
- Disabled toilets
- Yes: Small toilet, with grab rails, low level basin, and emergency cord.
- Ground floor level, to the right of the box office.