Thom Southerland revives the multi Tony Award-winning musical Ragtime, exploring the changing face of America at the turn of the 20th century in New York.
Critically lauded upon its inception in the 1990s by Terrence McNally, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, and based on the novel by E.L. Doctorow, Ragtime weaves together the fortunes of three disparate peoples.
Coalhouse Walker Jr. is a Harlem musician. Mother leads a white, middle class family in New Rochelle. Tateh is a Jewish immigrant, seeking a new life for himself and his daughter in the wonders of America. Soon, all three groups find themselves dramatically intertwined, and moving in rhythm and rhyme to the music of Ragtime.
A hark back to the an era of incredible excitement, Ragtime is a historical epic of immense poignancy, guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Cast & Creatives
- Thom Southerland
- Music by
- Stephen Flaherty
- Lyrics by
- Lynn Ahrens
- Book by
- Terrence McNally
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
Charing Cross Theatre
- The Arches, Villiers Street, London, WC2N 6NG
- 020 7478 0170
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross
Difficult to find free disabled bays, metered parking available.
- How to book
- BO: 0870 033 2626
- Limited mobility
- Level access, There are 16 steps down to the stalls area. The stalls area of the theatre are down 16 steps, however the balconies are on ground floor level. The balcony has removeable seating which can accommodate 5 wheelchairs with a good view of the stage.
- Guide dogs policy
- Some access for wheelchair users. 5 wheelchair spaces.
- Disabled toilets
- Yes: Small toilet, with grab rails, low level basin, and emergency cord.
- Ground floor level, to the right of the box office.