Olivier Award winner Mark Gatiss co-stars with Ian Hallard in The Boys In The Band, the story of a New York party at which the mood swings wildly out of hand.
Gatiss plays Harold, a self-avowed ‘pock-marked, Jew fairy’ who, as nine men gather in a New York apartment for his birthday celebration, receives a surprise gift: an attractive male hustler.
Meanwhile, party host Michael (Hallard) gets an unexpected – and unwanted – surprise of his own, in the shape of a figure from his past. And as the drink and dope consumptions augments and fuels events, an evening of initial hilarity threatens to become one of utter heart-break.
Reviving Mart Crowley’s seminal piece, which premiered just months before the Stonewall riots, The Boys In The Band is directed by Adam Penford, amongst whose recent credits include A Small Family Business and One Man, Two Guvnors (Revival Director for UK Tour, Broadway & West End).
Recommended for ages 14+.
Cast & Creatives
- Mark Gatiss, Ian Hallard, Daniel Boys, Jack Derges, James Holmes, John Hopkins, Ben Mansfield, Nathan Nolan
- Mart Crowley
- Adam Penford
- Tom O’Connell & James Seabright, King’s Head Theatre in association with Park Theatre
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Clifton Terrace, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP
- 020 7870 6876
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Finsbury Park
- Nearest bus
- 4, 19, 106, 153 210, 236, N19, W3, W7
- Nearest train
- Finsbury Park
Street parking is limited and metered.
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7870 6876
- Concession tickets can be purchased.
- Access description
- Lift access is available to all floors
- Hearing impaired
- Induction LOOP system available
- Guide dogs policy
- Service dogs can be accommodated in both auditoria. Please talk to the Box Office staff about requirements when booking.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated in both auditoria. Please talk to the Box Office staff about requirements when booking.
- Disabled toilets