In A Pickle is the perfect introduction to Shakespeare for children, taking youngsters on a multi-sensory journey of discovery through his imagination and the rhythm of his unique language.
Created by Oily Cart and first performed as part of the World Shakespeare Festival 2012, In A Pickle draws inspiration from Shakespeare’s classic The Winter’s Tale.
Opening in the woolly pastures of the Shepherdess and her flock of little sheep, the discovery of a lost baby leads us on a series of clues which span the salty sea to the sad court, where we find our happy ending.
With wonderful costumes, enchanting live music, sweet perfumes and engaging textures, In A Pickle is a magical show for children aged three to five and their families.
Cast & Creatives
- Oily Cart
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- 5 Nether Street, North Finchley, London, United Kingdom, N12 0GA
- 020 8369 5454
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- West Finchley (1/2 mile) and Woodside Park (1/2 mile)
- Nearest bus
- 134, 263, 82, 125, 221, 260
Within North Finchley town centre there are around 400 pay & display spaces in borough run car parks on Castle Street, Lodge Lane, Woodhouse Road and Stanhope Road, all in close proximity to artsdepot. All the borough’s car parks are pay and display from Monday to Saturday 8am – 6.30pm, and are unrestricted out of these hours, the maximum stay varies from 4 hours to all day.
- Access description
- The building is completely accessible, however we do recommend that individuals with access requirements book tickets in advance. There are several disabled parking spaces with direct access to lifts which serve all floor of the building. Both auditoria are equipped with an induction loop and an infra red hearing assistance system.
- Guide dogs policy
- Assistant dogs can be taken into the auditoriums. Please mention this when booking and you'll be offered an aisle seat, and told about any special effects that might affect your dog's comfort. Drinks may be ordered in advance and brought to your seat at interval.