Based on the hit Jack Black film, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony Award-nominated stage adaptation School Of Rock – The Musical makes its long-awaited transfer to the West End at the New London Theatre.
A guitar-thrashing, drum-rolling, rip-roaring celebration of the power of rock, School Of Rock – The Musical tells the story of Dewey Finn, a down-on-his-luck wannabe rock star struggling to make ends meet.
Posing as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school, Finn discovers his students’ musical talents, and opts to enlist his fifth-graders in a quest to conquer The Battle Of The Bands.
Described by Black as “a Broadway masterpiece”, School Of Rock – The Musical features songs from the acclaimed movie, with new music written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Glenn Slater.
With a book by Julian Fellowes and direction from Laurence Connor, this is a rollicking show guaranteed to have audiences young and old rocking out.
Please note that this show's seating plan is currently provisional; the availability of some seats is unconfirmed.
Cast & Creatives
- David Fynn, Florence Andrews, Oliver Jackson, Preeya Kalidas, Gary Trainor, Jonathan Bourne, Nadeem Crowe, Michelle Francis, Rosanna Hyland, Cassandra McCowan, Joel Montague, Andy Rees, Cameron Sharp, Tasha Sheridan, Andrew Spillett, Lucy Vandi, Charlotte Bradford, Jason Denton, Cellen Chugg James, Chris Jenkins, Alfie Parker, Charlotte Scott, Tom Abisgold, Toby Lee, Jake Slack, Bailey Cassell, Jude Harper-Wrobel, Noah Key, Giles Carden, Oscar Francisco, James Lawson, Selma Hansen, Lois Jenkins, Sophia Pettit, Isabelle Methven, Lucy Simmonds, Eva Trodd, Madeleine Haynes, Leah Levman, Natasha Raphael, Jaydah Bell-Ricketts, Shoshana Ezequiel, Amelia Poggenpoel, Lola Moxom, Mia Roberts, Grace Schnieder, Nicole Dube, Amma Ris, Adithi Sujith, Jobe Hart, Joshua Vaughan, Logan Walmsley, Presley Charman, Lucas Chow, Ben Dawson, Bradley Bissett, Denzel Eboji, Sonny Kirby, Zachary Dowlatshahi, Harry Egerton, Jacob Swann
- Laurence Connor
- Music by
- Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Lyrics by
- Glenn Slater
- Book by
- Julian Fellowes
- JoAnn M. Hunter
- Anna Louizos
- Lighting Designer
- Natasha Katz
- Set Designer
- Anna Louizos
- Mick Potter
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
New London Theatre
- Drury Lane, London, United Kingdom, WC2B 5PF
- 0844 412 4654 (Calls cost 6p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Holborn/Covent Garden (300m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 77A, 91, 139, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 243, 341, 521, X68
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown. 1 blue badge parking bay outside theatre.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 412 4648 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) for wheelchair bookings / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All disabled theatregoers and their companions pay half the current top price.
- Limited mobility
- You are welcome to use the lift (see above). Row I and J and aisle seats in the Stalls have the most legroom. Book early for an aisle seat.
- Access description
- No steps through double swing doors into the foyer. Box Office to the right with lowered counter. Escalator up from the main foyer to the mezzanine level and then a further 32 steps up to the Stalls, or 41 to the rear Stalls. 65 steps up to the Dress Circle (3 steep steps between rows). Venue is carpeted throughout and all staircases are highlighted with handrails on either side.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 6 headsets and 2 neckloops. Headsets can be collected from the front desk. Deposit required. Occasional sign language interpreted performances - check with Box Office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are not allowed into the auditorium, however staff are happy to dog-sit (maximum of 2 guide dogs per performance) in the management office.
- No steps to the Stalls area of the auditorium, via a lift (for disabled patrons only) inside the stage door on Parker Mews. Please ask a member of Front of House Staff to accompany you. There is a steep ramp over 2 steps to the lift entrance (58cm wide). From the lift there are 2 swing doors via the backstage area into the auditorium. There are 2 spaces for a wheelchair users at S1 and S2 in the Stalls, companions can sit next to you. Scooter users can access the main foyer, but have to transfer to the theatre's wheelchair to access the auditorium. A maximum of 1 scooter and 2 wheelchair transfer spaces available to aisle or rear stall seats. Wheelchairs will be stored in the Green Room, scooters in foyer.
- Toilets at foyer (level access), Stalls and Dress Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet en route from the lifts to the auditorium.
- 1 licensed bars. No steps from the lift to Bar (counter height 1m). Alternatively the bar can be reached by either the escalator or 54 steps up from the entrance foyer. Moveable seating. All drinks can be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens