Artistic Director Matthew Warchus reunites the original creative team of Yasmina Reza’s Olivier, Tony and Moliere award-winning play 'Art' at The Old Vic, celebrating the twentieth anniversary of one of the most acclaimed plays of recent times.
A triumphant philosophical drama which soon transformed into something of a cultural phenomenon, 'Art' follows three old friends, Serge (the award-winning comedian Tim Key), Marc (Paul Ritter) and Yvan (the Olivier Award-winning Rufus Sewell), as the purchase of a particularly abstract painting causes them to dispute its classification as – and the very definition of – art itself.
Premiering in London twenty years ago to effusive acclaim from critics and audiences alike, 'Art' is a landmark study of friendship, prejudice and tolerance.
Cast & Creatives
- Tim Key, Paul Ritter, Rufus Sewell
- Yasmina Reza
- Translated by
- Christopher Hampton
- Matthew Warchus
- Music by
- Gary Yershon
- Lighting Designer
- Hugh Vanstone
- Mic Pool
The Old Vic
- The Cut, London, United Kingdom, SE1 8NB
- 0844 871 7628 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Waterloo (200m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 68, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 501
- Nearest train
- Waterloo (200m) Take Exit 2 and turn right.
1 bay for blue badge holders in Webber Street, plus meters. NCP in Coin Street. Nearest taxi pick-up point is at Waterloo station.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7628 (Calls cost 5p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Fax: 020 7928 4397 Minicom: 0870 060 6641 Online booking form available via www.oldvictheatre.com/access Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts vary with each production.
- Limited mobility
- Boxes or E28, F20, G6, G31, M4, X7 in the Stalls have the most leg room.
- Access description
- There is a ramp from street level into the foyer and the box office is on your right. Handrails are available on either side of the entrance. From the foyer there are seven steps into the Stalls (without handrails). There are 20+ steps to the Dress Circle and a further 20 steps to the Baylis Circle (with handrails). The theatre is open 1 hour before the performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser infra-red system. A unit is required to be collected from the cloakroom for a £5 deposit (which will be refunded on return of the unit). 30+ units available, including in-ear types and loop units to be used with the T-setting/switch on hearing aids. Some seats are unsuitable for use with the units, please inform the box office at the time of booking if one is likely to be needed. Induction loop is available at the walk-up box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium. Alternatively, staff can dog-sit. Pleae inform Box Office at time of booking.
- There is a ramp from street level into the foyer. One wheelchair position in Stalls seat N5, a companion can sit in N6. In the case of a transfer, the wheelchair will be stored in the adapted toilet which is next to the access door and close to the wheelchair position. Please discuss any access needs with the box office at the time of booking.
- There are men’s and women’s off the Pit bar, and 21 steps up from the Lilian Baylis bar.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted WC on the left inside the side entrance.
- Pit bar down 19 steps from foyer (spacious), Dress Circle bar up 20+ steps, Lilian Baylis bar up 49 steps. Soft drinks brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. All have moveable seats.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens