Sally Cookson’s acclaimed production of JM Barrie’s beloved tale of the boy who doesn’t grow up flies to the National Theatre this winter.
Following a sold out run at the Bristol Old Vic, Cookson’s brilliantly inventive Peter Pan transfers to the Olivier Theatre at the National Theatre this festive season, with Anna Francolini starring as the vengeful Captain Hook.
When the leader of the Lost Boys, Peter Pan, loses his shadow during a visit to London, the headstrong Wendy helps him to re-attach it, and is rewarded with an invitation to the wonderful world of Neverland. Along the way, she meets Tinker Bell the fairy, Tiger Lily and the fierce Captain Hook.
An exploration of the possibilities and pain of growing up, Peter Pan is a riotous tale of magic, mischief, music and make-believe.
Please note that Anna Francolini will play the role of Captain Hook/Mrs Darling, with Sophie Thompson having withdrawn through injury.
Age Recommendation: 7+.
Cast & Creatives
- Anna Francolini, Saikat Ahamed, Suzanne Ahmet, Marc Antolin, Benji Bower, Will Bower, Lois Chimimba, Richie Crago, Laura Cubitt, Phoebe Fildes, Ruth Hammond, Felix Hayes, Paul Hilton, John Leader, Amaka Okafor, John Pfumojena, Ekow Quartey, Jessica Temple, Dan Wheeler, Madeleine Worrall
- Sally Cookson
- Music by
- Benji Bower
- National Theatre and Bristol Old Vic
- Katie Sykes
- Lighting Designer
- Aideen Malone
- Movement Director
- Dan Canham
- Set Designer
- Michael Vale
- Dominic Bilkey
National Theatre Olivier
- South Bank, London, United Kingdom, SE1 9PX
- 020 7452 3000
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Waterloo (250m), Southwark
- Nearest bus
- 76, 77, 211, 507, D1, D11, P11 (York Road)149, P11 (Stamford Street)1, 4, 26, 68, X68, 76, 168, 171, 171A, 176, 188, 501, 505, 521 (Waterloo Bridge)
- Nearest train
- Waterloo (approx. 250m)
5 spaces reserved for orange badge holders at riverside end of Cottesloe Ave. 4 extra bays opposite Cottesloe theatre for evening performances. Car Park beneath theatre. Spaces reserved for disabled customers near lifts. Free parking voucher available from box office for orange badge holders (present ticket at information desk). Automatic doors and ramps from the Car Park to the lobby and lift.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7452 3000 Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts available for all disabled people.
- Limited mobility
- Please ask to be seated in an aisle seat in the centre Stalls when you book.
- Access description
- Main entrance reached from Upper Ground via Theatre Avenue to Theatre Square and a drop off point approx. 40m from main entrance. Lifts up to the Olivier Theatre to right of information desk (to both Stalls and Circle levels) or staircases further in on each side (49 steps to Stalls, further 44 to Circle). Olivier Box office on level 2. No steps to the back of the Stalls, 10 steps up to raised sections. Centre Stalls auditorium has gradual shallow steps with a handrail on aisles 2 and 4. Lift to row G of Circle and 18 steps down to the front. Power assisted doors and ramps to terraces from Level 2.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with headsets or neck loops. Collect headsets/loops from box offices. Induction loops at service counters.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are not currently allowed in the auditorium, however staff are happy to dog sit. Dogs will be looked after in the cloakroom. Groups should contact the theatre manager’s office on 020 7452 3281.
- Lift to the Olivier Stalls. 3 spaces for wheelchair users in row R. A companion can sit next to the left-hand space in row R, or in the row. Transfer seating is available to aisle seats - wheelchairs stored at back of auditorium.
- Women’s and men’s at Stalls and Circle levels.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted WC on the left side of the Stalls corridor.
- 6 licensed bars. Access information: No steps to the Olivier Stalls and Circle bars (spacious, moveable seats) from the lifts. Soft drinks may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. Chair lift down a flight of steps to the Circle café from level 3 - contact a member of staff for assistance. The menu is available in large print.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens