The stage adaptation of Khaled Hosseini’s international best-selling novel The Kite Runner, a powerful story of a friendship spanning cultures and continents, transfers to Wyndham’s Theatre for a limited season.
Having toured the UK to vast acclaim, this stunning production, set in in Afghanistan and following the story of a young boy in the tumultuous times of the Soviet invasion, the exodus of refugees and the subsequent the rise of the Taliban regime, finally receives a long-awaited West End transfer for a strictly limited 12-week season.
In a divided country on the verge of war, a beautiful afternoon in Kabul sees the thrill and childlike joy of a kite flying tournament. Little do two childhood friends, Hassan or Amir, know, but they are about to be ripped from their homes and have their friendship torn apart, in a terrible incident which shatters their lives forever.
A poignant and pertinent story centring on the boy’s eventual need to confront his past and find redemption, The Kite Runner has been published in 70 countries, selling 31.5 million copies in 60 languages, and was adapted into an acclaimed 2007 film.
Cast & Creatives
- Ben Turner, Emilio Doorgasingh, Nicholas Khan, Lisa Zahra, David Ahmad, Nicholas Karimi, Antony Bunsee, Hanif Khan, Bhavin Bhatt, Andrei Costin, Johndeep More, Natasha Karp
- Khaled Hosseini
- Adapted by
- Matthew Spangler
- Giles Croft
- Martin Dodd for UK Productions, Derek Nicol & Paul Walden for Flying Entertainment, Nottingham Playhouse and Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Charing Cross Road, London, United Kingdom WC2H 0DA
- 0844 482 5120 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Leicester Square (next to theatre)
- Nearest bus
- 24, 29, 176
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (200m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown only 150m away.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 482 5137 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Email: email@example.com
- Discounts are available for all disabled people and their companions.
- Limited mobility
- Row Q and most aisle seats in the stalls have the most leg room.
- Access description
- One 20cm step up to foyer through heavy double doors opening inwards. Box Office counter on the right. 18 steps down to Stalls. Staircases have handrails on both sides and some steps are highlighted. 12 steps up to the Royal Circle, 21 to the Upper Circle and approx. 43 to the Balcony with 2 steps between rows. Auditorium is carpeted - all other areas are tiled.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 20 headsets. ID required. Collect headsets from the Cunard Bar which is a kiosk located at the bottom of the stairs from the foyer to the stalls. Induction loop at Box Office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium and staff are available to dog-sit in the foyer.
- 2 spaces in Box A but no access for electric wheelchairs or scooters. Maximm 2 wheelchair user patrons per performance.
- One toilet in the box although it would not be possible to access this in a wheelchair. The women’s off the Stalls has been slightly adapted. From the foyer bar, the men’s and women’s are up 8 steps with a further 2 steps down inside the entrance to each. 1 step down to non-adapted toilet accessed via St Martin’s Court (level access) - please ask staff to assist.
- Disabled toilets
- None at present. Patrons can use adapted toilets at the Noel Coward theate behind the Wyndham's.
- 3 licensed bars. Stalls bar 20 steps down from the main foyer, or 2 steps up from the Stalls (moveable seats). Further bars at Royal Circle and Balcony levels (no seats). Drinks can be taken to disabled customers.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens