Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins. This Christmas, see a musical inspired by the recording session that brought together these rock 'n' roll grandees for the first and only time.
On December 4, 1956, these four star musicians gathered at Sun Records in Memphis, the studios of legendary record producer Sam Phillips, for what would be one of the greatest jam sessions ever.
Martin Kemp leads the cast as legendary record producer Phillips, the man who brought the four recording stars together to create music history. Martin rose to fame as the bassist in one of Britain’s best-loved bands, Spandau Ballet, with over 25 million records sold worldwide, and a string of number one hits.
Million Dollar Quartet brings the night to life, featuring a score of rock hits including 'Blue Suede Shoes', 'Fever', 'That's All Right', 'Sixteen Tons', 'Great Balls Of Fire', 'Walk The Line', 'Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On', 'Who Do You Love?', 'Matchbox', 'Folsom Prison Blues', 'Hound Dog' and many more.
Discover the true story of the night that became a defining moment of rock 'n' roll history.
Cast & Creatives
- Martin Kemp, Martin Kaye, Robbie Durham, Ross William Wild, Matt Wycliffe, Katie Ray
- Colin Escott & Floyd Mutrux
- Ian Talbot
- Simon Friend, Mark Goucher, Tom O’Connell Productions/Debbie Hicks Productions, Laurence Myers & Gavin Kalin
Royal Festival Hall
- Southbank Centre, Waterloo, London, United Kingdom, SE1 8XX
- 020 7960 4200
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Nearest train
Hayward Gallery/National Theatre car parks
- How to book
- Call 020 7960 4200 Email email@example.com
- Access description
- Level access.Lifts. All facilities are accessible
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system
- 8 wheelchair spaces
- Licensed bar/cafés/restaurants