Daniel Radcliffe stars in the 50 anniversary celebratory production of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, the play that made a young Tom Stoppard’s name overnight.
Half a century after its premiere on The Old Vic stage, Radcliffe (Rosencrantz) is joined in this mind-bending situational comedy by stage, film and screen star Joshua McGuire (Guildenstern).
The hapless duo take centre stage as minor roles in a production of Shakespeare’s Hamlet. But they quickly find themselves out of their depth, stumbling their way through the action of the iconic drama.
Painting a literary hallway of mirrors, this is Tom Stoppard at his brilliantly funny, existential finest, as the characters find themselves locked in the ultimate identity crisis.
Cast & Creatives
- Daniel Radcliffe, Joshua McGuire, David Haig, Luke Mullins, Matthew Durkan, Marianne Oldham, Helena Wilson, Hermeilio Miguel Aquino, William Chubb, Louisa Beadel, Josie Dunn, Wil Johnson, Theo Ogundipe, Evlyne Oyedokun, Alex Sawyer, Tim Van Eyken
- Tom Stoppard
- David Leveaux
- Music by
- Corin Buckeridge
- Lighting Designer
- Howard Harrison
- Fergus O'Hare
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- The Cut, London, United Kingdom, SE1 8NB
- 0844 871 7628 (Calls cost 5p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Waterloo (200m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 68, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 501
- Nearest train
- Waterloo (200m) Take Exit 2 and turn right.
1 bay for blue badge holders in Webber Street, plus meters. NCP in Coin Street. Nearest taxi pick-up point is at Waterloo station.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7628 (Calls cost 5p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Fax: 020 7928 4397 Minicom: 0870 060 6641 Online booking form available via www.oldvictheatre.com/access Email: email@example.com
- Discounts vary with each production.
- Limited mobility
- Boxes or E28, F20, G6, G31, M4, X7 in the Stalls have the most leg room.
- Access description
- There is a ramp from street level into the foyer and the box office is on your right. Handrails are available on either side of the entrance. From the foyer there are seven steps into the Stalls (without handrails). There are 20+ steps to the Dress Circle and a further 20 steps to the Baylis Circle (with handrails). The theatre is open 1 hour before the performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser infra-red system. A unit is required to be collected from the cloakroom for a £5 deposit (which will be refunded on return of the unit). 30+ units available, including in-ear types and loop units to be used with the T-setting/switch on hearing aids. Some seats are unsuitable for use with the units, please inform the box office at the time of booking if one is likely to be needed. Induction loop is available at the walk-up box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium. Alternatively, staff can dog-sit. Pleae inform Box Office at time of booking.
- There is a ramp from street level into the foyer. One wheelchair position in Stalls seat N5, a companion can sit in N6. In the case of a transfer, the wheelchair will be stored in the adapted toilet which is next to the access door and close to the wheelchair position. Please discuss any access needs with the box office at the time of booking.
- There are men’s and women’s off the Pit bar, and 21 steps up from the Lilian Baylis bar.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted WC on the left inside the side entrance.
- Pit bar down 19 steps from foyer (spacious), Dress Circle bar up 20+ steps, Lilian Baylis bar up 49 steps. Soft drinks brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. All have moveable seats.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens