Note for families! This show is taking part in Kids Week, the annual promotion that allows kids to go free to London shows during August, when accompanied by a full-paying adult.
This August, Birmingham Stage Company takes over the Garrick Theatre in London’s West End to present Horrible Histories – More Best Of Barmy Britain, celebrating the company’s 25th anniversary.
We all want to meet people from history. The trouble is everyone is dead! So it’s time to prepare yourselves for a special production of Horrible Histories featuring more of your favourite characters from our barmy past – and a brand new scene with wordy Will!
Find out why the Romans were revolting! Could you survive the vicious Vikings? Can evil Elizabeth entertain England? Would you party with the Puritans? Clap along with crazy King Charles! Dare you stand and deliver to dastardly Dick Turpin? Vomit with the vile Victorians and prepare to do battle in the frightful First World War! It’s history with the nasty bits left in!
This marks 12 years of Horrible Histories Live On Stage, and 6 years in the West End. This special instalment of Barmy Britain follows the sell-out successes of Barmy Britain - Parts One, Two and Three, as well as last year's The Best Of Barmy Britain, and will feature more of the horribly best bits from all past productions plus a brand new scene about Shakespeare.
Horrible Histories are recommended for ages 5 to 105! (106 year olds may not like it as much).
Cast & Creatives
- Terry Deary
- Neal Foster
- Music by
- Matthew Scott
- The Birmingham Stage Company
- Kenn Oldfield
- Lighting Designer
- Jason Taylor
- Nick Sagar
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Charing Cross Road, London, United Kingdom WC2H 0HH
- 0330 333 4815
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Embankment(450m)/Charing Cross(200m)/Leicester Square (200m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 24, 29, 30
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (200m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Trafalgar, only 5 minutes away or Q-Park Chinatown. There is a taxi rank at Charing Cross.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0330 333 4815 Minicom: 020 7087 7835
- Discounts available for all disabled people and their companions.
- Limited mobility
- Seats 17-21 and 1-5 in row N in the Stalls have the most leg room.
- Access description
- Ramp up through double doors opening outwards into the Box Office. Box Office counter to the left. No steps through the foyer bar into the Dress Circle (1 step between rows). 24 steps down to the Stalls which has a fairly steep rake. 25 steps up then 8 down to the Upper Circle. Staircases have handrails on both sides. Auditorium opens 45mins before performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser infra-red system with 8 headsets. Please ask an usher for a headset.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are welcome inside the auditorium or staff are happy to dog-sit. We can accommodate 2 dogs at a time. Dogs will be looked after in the manager's office.
- Ramp into foyer with level access to Dress Circle. 2 spaces for wheelchair users at E13-15. Transfer seating available to aisle seats for wheelchairs and scooters (4 transferees max). Wheelchairs
- No steps to the women's to the right of the foyer bar, through 2 doors (approx. 84cm wide). This is usable by someone able to leave their wheelchair with assistance. No steps up to women's at rear of Stalls, 18 steps down to the men's; further women's and men's at Upper Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet in foyer.
- Bar on foyer level. Level access to dress circle bar and kiosk.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens