Multi award-winning comedy writer, actor and author Miranda Hart makes her West End debut as Miss Hannigan in the beloved family musical Annie, directed by Nikolai Foster.
Set in 1930s New York during The Great Depression, brave young Annie is forced to live a life of misery and torment at Miss Hannigan’s orphanage. Her luck changes when she is chosen to spend Christmas at the residence of famous billionaire, Oliver Warbucks. Meanwhile, spiteful Miss Hannigan has other ideas and hatches a plan to spoil Annie’s search for her true family…
With a much-loved score including the classics It’s A Hard Knock Life, Tomorrow and Easy Street, Annie will charm and delight audiences of all ages.
Foster’s production arrives in the West End 40 years after the original Broadway production opened in 1977, when it received seven Tony Awards including the Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book. The last West End production of Annie opened at the Victoria Palace Theatre in 1998. In 1982, the musical was adapted for the big screen, directed by John Huston with a cast including Carol Burnett, Bernadette Peters and Albert Finney, and in 2014 a further feature film was released, directed by Will Gluck, with a cast including Cameron Diaz and Jamie Foxx.
Miranda Hart plays Miss Hannigan until 17 September 2017. The appearance of any artist cannot be guaranteed.
Cast & Creatives
- Miranda Hart
- Nikolai Foster
- Music by
- Charles Strouse
- Lyrics by
- Martin Charnin
- Book by
- Thomas Meehan
- Michael Harrison & David Ian
- Nick Winston
- Lighting Designer
- Ben Cracknell
- Set Designer
- Colin Richmond
- Richard Brooker
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Denman Street, London, United Kingdom W1D 7DY
- 0844 871 7630 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Piccadilly (150m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 6, 9, 12, 13 ,14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 38, 88, 94, 139, 159, 453
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Soho, only 6 minutes away or Q-Park Trafalgar. Double yellow lines on Poland Street. There is a taxi rank in Denman Street.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Minicom: 0870 060 6641 W: www.greasethemusical.co.uk/access Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts available for all disabled customers and their companions.
- Limited mobility
- D1, D28, H1, H28, K1 and K30 in the stalls have the most leg room.
- Access description
- 1 shallow step up from the pavement through the central and right-hand doors into the foyer (no step at the left-hand doorway). Box Office counter on the left. No steps to Royal Circle from Sherwood Street entrance (see Wheelchair Access), or up 6 steps from the foyer. Stalls are down 15 steps, Royal Circle up 28 steps (2 steps between rows), Grand Circle up 70. Staircases have handrails on both sides.
- Hearing impaired
- Induction loop at Box Office and infra-red system in the auditorium.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are not permitted inside the auditorium. Staff are happy to look after 2 guide dogs per performance.
- Via side entrance in Sherwood Street into a box (entrance is 65cm wide) which has space for 2 wheelchair users and their companions. 2 more wheelchairs can be accommodated in row A of the Royal Circle. The view of the left-hand side of the stage is slightly restricted. Stage left is slightly restricted. Access to transfer seating at A25-28 in the Royal Circle is through the same EXIT door in the Sherwood Street yard up one 8cm step. Scooters users allowed in the venue, but must move to transfer seats. 4 wheelchairs or 2 scooters can be stored next to the Royal Box. If you need help with transferring you should bring a companion.
- Women’s 8 steps down from the Stalls and a men’s off the Stalls bar; another women’s 15 steps down from Royal Circle and 7 up, and a men’s 8 steps up from the Royal Circle bar. Further toilets at Grand Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet available.
- 4 licensed bars. Drinks may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. Stalls bar is down 22 steps from the foyer, Royal Circle bar up 26 steps from the foyer. 70 steps up to the Grand Circle bar. Bars have limited seating.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens