Hollywood and Broadway icon Stockard Channing returns to the London stage this summer to star in a new production of Olivier Award-winner Alexi Kaye Campbell’s acclaimed drama Apologia, directed by the multi-award winning Jamie Lloyd.
A compelling drama about the importance of family and the pressures commitment and principles exert on it, Apologia sees Channing play Kristin Miller, a firebrand liberal matriarch of a dynamic family, who is presiding over her birthday celebrations.
An eminent art historian, Kristin’s almost evangelical dedication to her career and her political activism has resulted in her sons - Peter, a merchant banker, and Simon, a writer - harbouring deeply rooted and barely suppressed resentments towards her. The fissures in her relationship with them are brought to the fore by the recent publication of her memoir.
Apologia is a witty, topical and passionate play about generations, secrets, and warring perspectives.
This production also marks the return to the Trafalgar Studios of Jamie Lloyd, following his critically acclaimed productions of The Ruling Class and Macbeth.
Cast & Creatives
- Stockard Channing
- Alexi Kaye Campbell
- Jamie Lloyd
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
Trafalgar Studios 1
- 14 Whitehall, London, United Kingdom SW1A 2DY
- 0844 871 7632 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross/Embankment (approx. 500m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 9, 11, 12, 24, 29, 53, 77A, 88, 153, 159
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Trafalgar, only 2 minutes walk away.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Minicom: 0870 060 6641 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts for all disabled customers, please call the Box Office to check availability.
- Limited mobility
- Leg room is generally good with extra space on the front row and on the side aisle of row E.
- Access description
- Level access from the street to the foyer. Box Office opposite. All staircases have handrails and steps are highlighted. 25 steps down then up 10 steps in to the auditorium (3 steps between rows). Theatre opens 1 hour before performance. There is a lift to Studio 2 and Studio Bar, plis a stair lift to Studio 1.
- Hearing impaired
- Infrared system in the auditorium with 16 headsets, available from the box office with a deposit. Check with Box Office which seats in the auditorium have best reception. Induction Loop and Sennheiser Mobile Connect also available
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed inside the auditorium by prior arrangement with the theatre, alternatively staff are happy to dog-sit. You will be seated in an aisle seat.
- No spaces for people who need to remain in their wheelchairs. Transfer seating is available to Row A (3 spaces) and K (1 space). Access to Row A is through the Stalls Bar and Row K is up 14 steps. Wheelchair users must bring 2 people to help with the steps. The theatre can store a maximum of 3 wheelchairs per performance. Venue is not suitable for scooters.
- 22 steps up from the foyer to women’s and men’s. More toilets off the Stalls Bar.
- Disabled toilets
- No adapted WC.
- Foyer bar next to the Box Office. 25 steps to Stalls Bar (spacious, few seats). Drinks can be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium upon request.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens