Note for families! This show is taking part in Kids Week, the annual promotion that allows kids to go free to London shows during August, when accompanied by a full-paying adult.
With an infectious original score, this new adaptation of The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 rediscovers the much-loved novel and brings Adrian’s story to life at the Menier Chocolate Factory.
Opening in Adrian's 50th birthday year, Jake Brunger and Pippa Cleary’s musical of Leicester’s favourite teen follows the daily dramas and misadventures of Adrian’s adolescent life.
With dysfunctional parents, ungrateful elders, a growing debt to school bully Barry Kent and an unruly pimple on his chin, life is hard for a misunderstood intellectual who is only 13 ¾… To top it off, when new girl Pandora captures his heart, his best friend Nigel steals hers. Can Adrian win back her love and escape his chaotic family life?
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 ¾ was Sue Townsend’s first novel, published by Penguin Books in 1982. It has sold over 20 million copies worldwide, been translated into 30 languages, and spawned 7 sequel Adrian Mole novels.
Cast & Creatives
- Dean Chisnall, Lara Denning, John Hopkins, Barry James, Kelly Price, Gay Soper, Benjamin Lewis, Ilan Galkoff, Samuel Menhinick, Asha Banks, Georgia Pemberton, Lara Wollington, Jason Rennie, Callum Mcdonald, Connor Davies, Amir Wilson, Edward Hooper, Max Robson
- Sue Townsend
- Luke Sheppard
- Music by
- Pippa Cleary
- Lyrics by
- Jake Brunger & Pippa Cleary
- Book by
- Jake Brunger
- Rebecca Howell
- Tom Rogers
- Lighting Designer
- Howard Hudson
- Set Designer
- Tom Rogers
- Gregory Clarke
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
Menier Theatre (Menier Chocolate Factory)
- Menier Theatre, Menier Chocolate Factory, London, United Kingdom, SE1 1TE
- 020 778 1712
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- London Bridge
- Nearest train
- London Bridge
Off Site: There are red route disabled parking bays on Southwark Street (with time restrictions).
- How to book
- P: 0207 907 7060 F: 0207 378 1712 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited mobility
- The entrances to the cafe and the gallery areas both have 3 steps and automatic doors. There is a ramp to the right of the cafe entrance which leads to a fire door, which can be opened to give level access to the cafe, and from there the gallery can also be accessed.
- Access description
- Some access for wheelchair users. No services or facilites for sensory impaired people.
- Guide dogs policy
- Some access.
- There are 16 steps down to the male and female toilets, and 3 steps up to the theatre box office.
- Disabled toilets
- Yes. Kept locked, and has no alarm cord, but does have grab rails and a low level basin.
- Table service. Assistance with carrying.