The visionary contemporary choreographer Wayne McGregor has led his company onto ever more radical and challenging innovations. A multi-award winning British choreographer and director, he is internationally renowned for trailblazing ideas in performance that have radically redefined dance in the modern era.
With Sadler's Wells Resident Company, Company Wayne McGregor, he embarks on his boldest and most intimate collaboration to date, as he allows world-leading geneticists to sequence his entire genome.
His personal biological archaeology laid bare will dramatically alter McGregor's viewpoint of his own life-story, tracing patterns back into the ancestral past of our species and illuminating what creates our individuality.
Combining memoir, documentary and a re-processing of nature's code through an act of human imagination, this new work, Autobiography, charts McGregor's adventure into his autobiography, and asks how to understand a life.
Autobiography marks the first piece McGregor creates in his own world class arts space, Studio Wayne McGregor, which opened in March 2017. The first and so far only arts organisation on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, it is located in the heart of technology and media centre Here East. This creative space embodies McGregor’s life-long interest in and collaboration with science and technology research, and will be his centre for experimental creative projects in biology and genetics, AI, VR and new technologies.
Cast & Creatives
- Company Wayne McGregor
- Wayne McGregor
- Rosebery Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC1R 4TN
- 020 7863 8000
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Angel (250m)
- Nearest bus
- 19, 38, 341, 171a (Bus stop outside theatre) Sadler’s Wells Express Bus to Farringdon, Waterloo and Victoria stations only leaves 8 mins after each evening performance.
Car Park behind theatre – free space for disabled patrons – please book in advance.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7863 8000 / Minicom: 020 7863 8105 / Fax 020 7863 8199 / Web: www.sadlerswells.com/access (information only) Email: email@example.com
- Discounts available for all disabled theatregoers who join the Access For All scheme. For more information call or write using the above details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited mobility
- Rows J and K in the Stalls and aisle seats have the most leg room.
- Access description
- No steps through entrance on Rosebery Avenue into foyer through automatic doors. Textured flooring to Box Office straight ahead with lowered counters and induction loop. Information monitors above Box Office. Steps have handrails and highlights. Lifts to all levels on right hand side of foyer, or 42 steps to 1st Circle, 63 to 2nd Circle. Signage raised and repeated at wheelchair accessible height. Voice announcements, Braille signage and monitor in lifts.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 15 headsets - please book. Avoid back of Stalls. Collect headsets from shop. Deposit required.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into auditorium (aisle seats are best) and staff available to dog-sit.
- 15 spaces for wheelchair users in rows J-K of Stalls and in Stalls side gallery. 6 spaces at 1st Circle - take the lift from the foyer (to right of entrance). Companions can sit next to you or nearby depending on how many of the spaces have been booked.
- Men and women’s on 1st Circle and 2nd Circle levels, men’s in basement and women’s on mezzanine. Some toilets have large cubicles with grip rails.
- Disabled toilets
- 5 adapted toilets by right-hand entrance to Stalls, by lifts to 1st Circle and 2nd Circle, at basement and mezzanine levels.
- Bars at Stalls, 1st Circle and 2nd Circle levels all have moveable seats and tables and accessible counters.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens