Mozart’s masterpiece The Marriage Of Figaro reveals much about the human condition through consummate wit, grace and joyous musical invention, performed by the English National Opera.
ENO Music Director Martyn Brabbins conducts this second revival of Director Fiona Shaw’s critically acclaimed production.
As the day of Figaro and Susanna’s wedding arrives, it becomes clear that their master, Count Almaviva, is hell-bent on seducing Susanna before the ceremony can take place. Susanna and Figaro conspire with the forsaken Countess to outwit her husband and teach him a lesson in fidelity.
But when the teenage Cherubino involves himself in their plans, relationships become severely strained through a series of ever-more confusing twists and turns.
The cast includes Lucy Crowe, as the despondent Countess, and bass-baritone Ashley Riches, as the philandering Count. ENO Harewood Artist Rhian Lois is the ever-resourceful Susanna, alongside Dutch baritone Thomas Oliemans as Figaro, while Harewood Artist Katie Coventry sings her first Cherubino.
Sung in English, with surtitles projected above the stage.
Cast & Creatives
- Thomas Oliemans, Rhian Lois, Ashley Riches, Lucy Crowe, Katie Coventry, Janis Kelly, Keel Watson, Colin Judson, Alasdair Elliott, Alison Rose, Paul Sheehan
- Translated by
- Jeremy Sams
- Fiona Shaw
- English National Opera
- Lighting Designer
- Jean Kalman
- Movement Director
- Kim Brandstrup
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- St Martin's Lane, London, United Kingdom, WC2N 4ES
- 020 7845 9300
- Official site
- www.eno.org / ENB: http://www.ballet.org.uk/
- Nearest tube
- Leicester Square (125m) Charing Cross/Embankment (275m)
- Nearest bus
- The following buses stop in the Haymarket (Southbound) or Lower Regent Street (Northbound): 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 24, 29, 38, 88, 91, 94, 139, 159, 176, 453
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (275m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown only 5 minutes walk away, or Q-Park Trafalgar only 6 minutes walk away. Nearest taxi rank in Haymarket.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7845 9300 Fax: 020 7379 1264 Typetalk: 020 7845 9300
- Discounts available for disabled people and companions.
- Limited mobility
- Good leg room in stalls; B1-4, B33-36, C1 and C39 in the Stalls provide the best leg room.
- Access description
- Slight ramp through left-hand doorway of main entrance on St Martin's Lane opening outwards into foyer. Information desk straight ahead and low countered box office to the right. Main lift, with voice announcements and Braille signage, to right of information desk serving all levels (suitable for scooters). Another lift serves Dress Circle, Upper Circle and Balcony. Else 29 steps up from foyer to Dress Circle, 47 up to Upper Circle and a further 45 up to Balcony. 2 steps between rows in the Balcony, Dress and Upper Circle; 1 step between rows in Stalls. Venue is carpeted throughout and all steps are highlighted with handrails on either side.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser radio transmission system in the auditorium and induction loop at box office and all bars.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into auditorium, alternatively staff are happy to dog sit in the manager's office.
- 10 spaces for wheelchair/scooter users in total: 2 at back of Dress circle, 4 in Stall boxes and 4 at back of Stalls (companions can sit beside the wheelchairs users). 10 wheelchair/scooter transfer spaces: 4 in Dress Circle and 6 in Balcony. Theatre also provides 2 wheelchairs for loan.
- No steps to toilets off the foyer. More toilets at Dress Circle, Upper Circle (women's 10 steps up), Balcony and Basement.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilets at Basement, Stalls, Dress Circle (no steps from lift) and Balcony levels.
- No steps to Stalls bar and bars in rear Stalls corridor. Further bars at Balcony, Upper and Dress Circles can be accessed by main lift. Dutch Bar on basement level (reachable by lift) accessed by platform lift or down 3 steps. Drinks cannot be taken into the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens