Based on the best-selling novel and film which terrified a generation, The Exorcist on stage is set to turn heads and petrify audiences in the West End.
When a medical profession fails to provide answers to young Regan's strange symptoms, her desperate mother Chris turns to a local priest for help. But before Father Damien can tackle what's before him, he must overcome his own shaken beliefs, as this fight is for more than just one girl's soul…
Forty-five years after William Peter Blatty’s best-selling novel terrified an entire generation, The Exorcist will be unleashed onto the West End stage for the very first time in a uniquely theatrical experience directed by Sean Mathias and adapted for the stage by John Pielmeier.
Jenny Seagrove will play Chris MacNeil opposite Peter Bowles as Father Lankester Merrin, Adam Garcia as Father Damien Karras, Clare Louise Connolly as Regan, Todd Boyce as Doctor Strong, Mitchell Mullen as Doctor Klein, Elliot Harper as Father Joe and Tristram Wymark as Burke.
Widely considered one of the scariest movies of all time, the global controversy generated by the film upon its 1973 release ensured it went on to become one of the top ten highest grossing movies of all time, claiming two Academy Awards.
Please note that this production contains material which may shock and offend. Recommended age guidance 18+.
Cast & Creatives
- Jenny Seagrove, Peter Bowles, Adam Garcia, Clare Louise Connolly, Todd Boyce, Mitchell Mullen, Elliot Harper, Tristram Wymark
- William Peter Blatty
- Adapted by
- John Pielmeier
- Sean Mathias
- Bill Kenwright
- Lighting Designer
- Tim Mitchell
- Adam Cork
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Charing Cross Road, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 0JP
- 0843 316 1082 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Tottenham Court Road (100m) Leicester Square (130m).
- Nearest bus
- 19, 22, 24, 38, 40, 176
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown only 4 minutes walk away.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Email: email@example.com
- Discounts available for all wheelchair users and companions.
- Limited mobility
- Front row of the Dress Circle (21 steps up from the foyer) and all of the Stalls seats have good leg room.
- Access description
- Main entrance (Phoenix Street) up a 10cm step through swing doors into the foyer. Box Office counter to the left. Staircases have handrails on both sides. Stalls down 24 steps from the foyer, Dress Circle up 21 steps (2 steps between rows). Upper Circle up 42 steps. Venue carpeted throughout.
- Hearing impaired
- Ezee portable induction loop at box office. Infra-red system in the auditorium.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are welcome but are not permitted inside the auditorium. Staff are available to look after dogs in the staff room.
- Please ask a member of staff to open the side entrance on Flitcroft Street. Space for 1 wheelchair user and companion in Box C; not suitable for oversized/large electric wheelchairs. 2 transfer seats available to Dress Circle A27 and A28. Venue is not suitable for scooters, however 1 transferee is allowed in the transfer seats.
- 11 steps to the women’s and men’s off the Stalls. 15 steps up from the Dress Circle bar to women’s and men’s at this level, and further toilets at Upper Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet behind Box C in the Dress Circle. There are 2 slightly awkward turns.
- 4 licensed bars. Stalls bar down 3 steps from Stalls, Dress Circle bar up 3 steps from the Dress Circle (no seating). Soft drinks in plastic cups may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens