“I was a storm. I was also a man entirely alone in a storm. There were forces beyond my control and I was one of them."
Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech was the most polarising political speech of the last 50 years.
Oxford academic and daughter of a Caribbean immigrant, Rose Cruickshank wants answers. Enoch's controversial words about immigration shattered her childhood. Rose cannot find inner peace until she understands what led him to make the speech that defined a generation. Will a meeting with the man himself give her the answers she desperately craves?
Roxana Silbert (Artistic Director, Birmingham Repertory Theatre), directs Ian McDiarmid (The Star Wars films, Merchant of Venice, Life of Galileo) as one of the most provocative figures in recent history.
Cast & Creatives
- Chris Hannan
- Roxana Silbert
- Oliver Mackwood and Charles Diamond in Association with the Park Theatre Present The Birmingham Repertory Theatre Production
- Lighting Designer
- Chahine Yavroyan
- Movement Director
- Anna Morrisey
- Giles Thomas
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Clifton Terrace, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP
- 020 7870 6876
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Finsbury Park
- Nearest bus
- 4, 19, 106, 153 210, 236, N19, W3, W7
- Nearest train
- Finsbury Park
Street parking is limited and metered.
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7870 6876
- Concession tickets can be purchased.
- Access description
- Lift access is available to all floors
- Hearing impaired
- Induction LOOP system available
- Guide dogs policy
- Service dogs can be accommodated in both auditoria. Please talk to the Box Office staff about requirements when booking.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated in both auditoria. Please talk to the Box Office staff about requirements when booking.
- Disabled toilets