"But don’t say that word.”
“The word that starts with B.”
Alejandra and Marcela are planting bombs in the middle of the night.
They don’t want violence. They just want to be heard. Prison’s not much of a threat when most of your friends are inside.
But José Miguel is from another generation, and he’s committed to change by any means possible.
‘We used to kill kings. We used to kill millionaires. And now all we do is make threats on the Internet. That’s why I’m offering you the chance to start a war.’
Acclaimed Chilean playwright Guillermo Calderón makes his Royal Court debut with the world premiere of his play B, written on a residency with the International Department. B is presented as part of International Playwrights: a Genesis Foundation Project. It will be directed by Royal Court Associate Director (International) Sam Pritchard.
“The Chilean-born writer and director Guillermo Calderón is an authentic genius of the theatre.” The New Yorker
Cast & Creatives
- Paul Kaye, Danusia Samal. Sarah Niles, Aimée-Ffion Edward
- Guillermo Calderón
- Sam Pritchard
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
Royal Court Jerwood Theatre Downstairs
- Sloane Square, London, United Kingdom, SW1W 8AS
- 020 7565 5000
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Sloane Square (next to theatre)
- Nearest bus
- 11, 19, 22, 137, 319, 360, C1
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Pimlico (outside Congestion Charge Zone). Set down point outside entrance. On-street parking after 18:30.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7565 5000 Fax: 020 7565 5145 Email: email@example.com
- Access tickets £12 (plus a companion at the same rate).
- Limited mobility
- Row K and M11 and 12 in Stalls have the most leg room.
- Access description
- 3 steps up through main doors from street, or level access through entrance down right-hand side of theatre through easy-open doors. Lift to all levels of both auditoria on the right, inside the alternative entrance. Box Office facing main entrance with accessible counter (75cm high) for wheelchair users. Lift is fitted with a voice commentary. From the foyer there are 20 steps down to Stalls, 18 up to Circle (3 steps between rows), 64 to Jerwood Theatre Upstairs. Stairs have handrails with raised metal studs indicating which floor you are approaching.
- Hearing impaired
- Induction loop in Jerwood Theatre Downstairs. Infra-red system (20 headsets) in both theatres. Collect headsets from Box Office.
- Guide dogs policy
- 4 guide and hearing dogs are welcome. Please inform the theatre in advance to arrange an aisle seat or someone to look after your dog in the Box Office or cloakroom if preferred.
- Jerwood Theatre Downstairs: 3 spaces in the centre of row J and 2 at either end of row K in Stalls. Unless you are seated at J11/12 your companion can sit next to you. 1 space in Circle (row D). K11 and 12 in the stalls are available for transfer seating. Jerwood Theatre Upstairs: 2 spaces for wheelchair users - the position changes depending on the production. Please book wheelchair spaces at least 24 hours in advance. Venue is suitable for scooters, but phone beforehand.
- Level access to men’s and women’s toilets on café level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilets immediately outside the Jerwood Theatre Upstairs and immediately outside the stalls and circle of the Jerwood Theatre Downstairs.
- Bars at Stalls and Circle level (moveable seats and tables). Access to bar and food area is by a separate platform lift. Drinks in plastic cups can be brought into auditorium. Menu available in large print on request.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens