Jonathan Miller’s classic production of The Barber Of Seville is a feast of frivolous fun in this English National Opera production.
Enjoy Figaro’s mischievous escapades as he assists Count Almaviva in prising the beautiful Rosina away from her lecherous guardian, Dr Bartolo. Rossini’s comic masterpiece fizzes with memorable melodies in an entertaining production that unites the theatrical worlds of Italian commedia dell’arte and Whitehall farce.
Making his role debut as Dr Bartolo is Alan Opie, a long-standing and much-loved ENO artist. Former ENO Harewood Artist Sarah Tynan sings Rosina, while baritone Morgan Pearse and tenor Eleazar Rodriguez reprise their highly acclaimed roles as the barber Figaro and Count Almaviva respectively. British conductor Hilary Griffiths makes his ENO debut.
Cast & Creatives
- Morgan Pearse, Sarah Tynan, Eleazar Rodriguez, Alan Opie, Alastair Miles, Carole Wilson, Matthew Durkan
- Translated by
- Amanda Holden and Anthony Holden
- Jonathan Miller (Revival Director: Peter Relton)
- Music by
- Lighting Designer
- Tom Mannings
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- St Martin's Lane, London, United Kingdom, WC2N 4ES
- 020 7845 9300
- Official site
- www.eno.org / ENB: http://www.ballet.org.uk/
- Nearest tube
- Leicester Square (125m) Charing Cross/Embankment (275m)
- Nearest bus
- The following buses stop in the Haymarket (Southbound) or Lower Regent Street (Northbound): 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 23, 24, 29, 38, 88, 91, 94, 139, 159, 176, 453
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (275m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown only 5 minutes walk away, or Q-Park Trafalgar only 6 minutes walk away. Nearest taxi rank in Haymarket.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7845 9300 Fax: 020 7379 1264 Typetalk: 020 7845 9300
- Discounts available for disabled people and companions.
- Limited mobility
- Good leg room in stalls; B1-4, B33-36, C1 and C39 in the Stalls provide the best leg room.
- Access description
- Slight ramp through left-hand doorway of main entrance on St Martin's Lane opening outwards into foyer. Information desk straight ahead and low countered box office to the right. Main lift, with voice announcements and Braille signage, to right of information desk serving all levels (suitable for scooters). Another lift serves Dress Circle, Upper Circle and Balcony. Else 29 steps up from foyer to Dress Circle, 47 up to Upper Circle and a further 45 up to Balcony. 2 steps between rows in the Balcony, Dress and Upper Circle; 1 step between rows in Stalls. Venue is carpeted throughout and all steps are highlighted with handrails on either side.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser radio transmission system in the auditorium and induction loop at box office and all bars.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into auditorium, alternatively staff are happy to dog sit in the manager's office.
- 10 spaces for wheelchair/scooter users in total: 2 at back of Dress circle, 4 in Stall boxes and 4 at back of Stalls (companions can sit beside the wheelchairs users). 10 wheelchair/scooter transfer spaces: 4 in Dress Circle and 6 in Balcony. Theatre also provides 2 wheelchairs for loan.
- No steps to toilets off the foyer. More toilets at Dress Circle, Upper Circle (women's 10 steps up), Balcony and Basement.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilets at Basement, Stalls, Dress Circle (no steps from lift) and Balcony levels.
- No steps to Stalls bar and bars in rear Stalls corridor. Further bars at Balcony, Upper and Dress Circles can be accessed by main lift. Dutch Bar on basement level (reachable by lift) accessed by platform lift or down 3 steps. Drinks cannot be taken into the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens