After a triumphant run in Stratford-upon-Avon, The Comedy Of Errors comes to the Roundhouse.
Shakespeare's joyful comedy of mistaken identity follows the fortunes of two sets of identical twins, accidentally separated at birth, then miraculously thrown together again. In a town the size of Ephesus, events like these can only lead to confusion.
The Comedy Of Errors is one part of What Country Friends Is This?, the RSC's shipwreck trilogy exploring love, loss and reunion, which also includes Twelfth Night and The Tempest.
The Comedy Of Errors is directed by Amir Nizar Zuabi. Founder of the Palestinian theatre company ShiberHur, his productions include In The Penal Colony and I Am Yusuf And This Is My Brother at the Young Vic, which he wrote and directed.
The Comedy of Errors is part of the World Shakespeare Festival.
Cast & Creatives
- Johathan Slinger, Kirsty Bushell, Nicholas Day, Emily Taaffe, Felix Hayes & Bruce Mackinnon
- William Shakespeare
- Amir Nizar Zuabi
- Royal Shakespeare Company
- Lighting Designer
- Jon Clark
- Christopher Shutt
- Chalk Farm Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 8EH
- 0844 482 8008
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Chalk Farm
- Nearest bus
- 24, 31, 168
On Site - by special arrangement
- How to book
- BO: 0870 389 1846 F: 020 7424 9992 E: email@example.com
- Yes - 50% off and companion goes free
- Limited mobility
- 22 steps up to the entrance with handrails on both sides. More suitable alternative entrance available from the car park at the rear of the building. All areas accessible (except The merchandise centre, down steps near the main entrance). Floor bumpy and uneven. Some events have no seating, if you phone in advance they will arrange seating for you.
- Access description
- Good access for wheelchair users, but very uneven floors. No services or facilities for sensory impaired people. Staff have recieved training.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red hearing system in the main auditorium. Induction loop in the box office.
- Guide dogs policy
- Yes, in portaloo in the car park, near the alternative entrance
- Disabled toilets
- The adapted toilet is a portaloo in the car park, near the alternative entrance.
- It is a temporary bar and can be located almost anywhere. You can take your drink back to your seat with you.