Welcome to the Official London Theatre Guide website (the “Website”) which is run by Society of London Theatre, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at 32 Rose Street, London WC2E 9ET, Company No 527227 (“SOLT” or “we”, “us”, “our”).
By using this Website and/or any content or materials available through it, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions from time to time at our discretion and your use of this Website will be subject to the most current version of the Terms and Conditions posted on this Website at the time of such use.
All intellectual property rights (including any patent, copyright (including such rights that subsist in computer software and databases), database rights, registered and unregistered designs, design rights, registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, domain names, moral rights (in each case for the full period thereof and extensions, revivals and renewals thereof), know-how or other intellectual property right subsisting anywhere in the world and any applications to protect any of the above) and goodwill in and relating to this Website (including all components developed and produced for the Website now and in the future including up-dates, format, look and feel and content) (the "Intellectual Property Rights") are owned by SOLT or licensed to SOLT by its third party suppliers or contractual partners.
The content and information displayed on this Website is for your personal non-commercial use only and any use without SOLT's prior written permission is prohibited. The content and information shall not be copied, reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium; modified or altered in any way (and no derivative work shall be produced from it); or distributed or sold to any third party; and you may not remove any copyright or proprietary notices displayed on the Website.
Ticketing service and third party websites
The ticketing service provided by this Website is powered by the SEE Group Limited trading via the Way Ahead Group Limited (“SEE”) on behalf of SOLT. Any financial transactions will occur on a designated server of SEE (the “SEE Site”) and will not take place on the Website. We do not control and accept no liability or responsibility for the SEE Site and these Terms and Conditions do not apply to the SEE Site. If you purchase tickets or other services via the SEE Site, your purchase will be subject to SEE’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
In addition to the SEE Site, this Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties that are not under our control and which are provided for your convenience. These Terms and Conditions will not apply to such third party websites and you acknowledge that your use of any such third party websites may be subject to your acceptance of additional terms and conditions.
We make no warranties or representations whatsoever about the SEE Site or any other third party website which you may access through this Website or any services that they may provide. Without limiting the foregoing, these websites are in no way approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by us and you agree that we shall not be responsible or in any way liable for the content, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, or statements or for the quality of any products or services available on such websites. If you choose to access a website beyond our control you do so at your own risk.
Important notice - disclaimers
If you are purchasing theatre tickets through this Website, SOLT recommends that you verify all ticket and performance information with the box office or ticket agency. SOLT will exercise reasonable care and skill in providing this Website, however, we do not guarantee or make any warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or reliability of any of the content or information found on this Website, some of which may be provided by third parties.
SOLT does not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this Website or any part of it. We may remove the Website either temporarily or permanently or make any changes to the Website at any time in our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
Due to the inherent risks in using the internet, SOLT cannot guarantee that this Website will be uninterrupted or virus, error or bug free or that defects will be corrected.
This Website and all the materials and information provided through it are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied (whether by common law, custom, statute or otherwise) and all other conditions, statements and warranties (including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of the fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or that your use of the Website will not infringe the rights of any third party) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that the Website and any and all materials and information provided through it will meet your requirements. Therefore, we advise you to check any materials or information provided to you through this Website as any reliance that you place on the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of such materials or information is at your own risk.
You acknowledge that SOLT does not actively monitor any third party content or content appearing on the Website which derives from a third party website (including, without limitation, the content of any Twitter posts (or ‘tweets’) appearing on the Website) and SOLT shall not be responsible or liable for any such content including, without limitation, any third party content:
- which is defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, confidential or otherwise unlawful; and/or
- in which the Intellectual Property Rights are owned by a third party and such third party has not provided its consent to use such content in the manner it has been used; and/or
- which is prohibited by the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other applicable data protection laws.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, SOLT shall not be liable for any loss, claim, damage, or any punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits or lost savings or loss or corruption of data) whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with:
- any use of this Website or its contents or any competitions or prize draws that are entered via the Website;
- any interruption, failure or delay in the use of or inability to use any component of this Website which may occur at any time; or
- any use or reliance upon any information, material or services obtained through the Website, in all cases even if SOLT has been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
SOLT shall not be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property when using or browsing this Website or when downloading any data, text, images, video or audio from the Website.
You agree to indemnify and hold SOLT harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees incurred, arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website (other than in accordance with its terms) or from any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Winners will be notified by email. Details will only be used to contact the winner and will not be stored or used for marketing purposes. There is no cash alternative to the prize and all transportation is the responsibility of the prize-winner. The prize is non-transferable. Only one entry per household. Winners will be chosen at random: incorrect answers will be counted as disqualification. The decision of Society of London Theatre is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them.
If you subscribe to any of SOLT’s suite of newsletters or have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will not pass on your email address to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
You agree that by entering any competition run by us and providing your email address, you have consented to receive emails from us (but not from third parties) containing newsletters and other marketing communications.
You may choose to unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time by visiting www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/newsletter/.
Privacy and cookies
Any failure or delay by us to enforce any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions is not to be taken as or deemed to be a waiver of that or any other right unless we acknowledge and agree to such a waiver in writing.
These Terms and Conditions are not intended to be for the benefit of, and shall not be exercisable by, any person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
If any clause or part of a clause of these Terms and Conditions is, or becomes, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then that clause or part of a clause shall be deemed to be deleted from these Terms and Conditions. Any such deemed deletion shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the use of or any dealings in respect of this Website shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you have any questions about these terms or anything on this Website please contact us.
Win tickets to see Waiting For Waiting For Godot
1. There will be one prize of a pair (two) tickets to Waiting For Waiting For Godot at the St James Studio.
2. The pair of tickets will be given on a mutually agreed date subject to availability.
3. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
4. To enter the prize draw, you should email your answer to the question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries which are illegible or incomplete will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted by the promoter for lost entries.
5. Only one entry to the prize draw will be accepted per e-mail address.
6. If you are under 18, your entry will be deemed to be confirmation that you have obtained your parent or guardian’s permission to enter the prize draw.
7. The winner will be picked at random from a draw containing correct entries received by the closing date and time of midnight on 31 August. Incorrect answers will be counted as disqualification from the competition.
8. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the draw which will take place on Thursday 1 September. If there is no response from the winner within 7 days, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to an alternative person.
9. The promoter's decision will be final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Unless you are already signed-up to the Official London Theatre mailing list, your details will only be used to contact the winner and to announce in writing the name of the winner and will not be stored or used for marketing purposes.
11. To obtain details of the winner please write, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to the promoter after the closing date of the draw.
12. If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the promoter’s control, the promoter reserves the right to provide a substitute prize.
13. By entering the prize draw, you agree to abide by the rules of the prize draw which include all instructions, the terms and conditions appearing on your entry coupon and these prize draw rules.
14. The promoter is Official London Theatre which is a trading name of Society of London Theatre, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 527227 and with its registered office at 32 Rose Street, London, WC2E 9ET.