Note for families! This show is taking part in Kids Week, the annual promotion that allows kids to go free to London shows during August, when accompanied by a full-paying adult.
Following phenomenal success off-West End and on tour, The Play That Goes Wrong brings its chaotic tale to London’s Duchess Theatre.
The Play That Goes Wrong follows the antics of the Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society, who are trying their very best to stage a production of a 1920s murder mystery. As the show’s title might suggest, this is not as easy as it sounds with everything that can go wrong doing just that. Despite the setbacks, the actors of CPDS struggle bravely to reach the final curtain.
Packed with Keaton-esque slapstick, finely-tuned fast and a wealth of physical comedy, The Play That Goes Wrong was first seen at the Old Red Lion Theatre before playing at the Trafalgar Studio 2 and embarking on a 21 week tour.
It was written by original company members Henry Lewis, Jonathan Sayer and Henry Shields.
The Play That Goes Wrong is suitable for theatregoers aged eight and older.
Additional Matinee performances: Thursday 10, 17, 24 & 31 August 2017, 2.30pm
Cast & Creatives
- Jack Baldwin, Leonard Cook, Katy Daghorn, Fred Gray, George Haynes, Daniel Poyser, Lindsey Scott, Sydney K Smith, Tom Babbage, Jamie Birkett, Sean Carey, Beth Lilly
- Henry Lewis, Jonathan Sayer & Henry Shields
- Mark Bell
- Kenny Wax Ltd and Stage Presence Ltd
- Roberto Surace
- Lighting Designer
- Ric Mountjoy
- Set Designer
- Nigel Hook
- Andy Johnson
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Catherine Street, London, United Kingdom WC2B 5LA
- 0330 333 4815
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Covent Garden (250m)
- Nearest bus
- 1, 4, 6, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 77A, 91, 139, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 243, 341
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (625m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown or Q-Park Trafalgar. Single yellow lines in Russell Street.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0330 333 4815 Minicom: 020 7087 7835
- available for all disabled people and their companions. Dependent on production, please contact for more details.
- Limited mobility
- F1 and F22 in the Stalls have the most leg room. Staff will also try to find suitable seating on the night.
- Access description
- One shallow step up from Catherine Street on a slight slope - lower to the right. facing main entrance. 10 steps up to the Dress Circle (3 steep steps between each row). 20 steps down to the Stalls. Staircases have handrails on both sides, and some steps are highlighted. Auditorium open 30 mins prior to performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Sennheiser Infra-red system with 6 headsets. Avoid the first 3 rows in the Stalls and the boxes as the signal is not very strong there.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed into the auditorium if you are seated in an aisle seat or a box. Staff will also dog-sit in manager’s office for a maximum of 2 guide dogs per performance.
- Steps to all parts of the auditorium. Wheelchair users who need to remain in their chairs can use AAT Major stair-climber which lowers chairs to the stalls level, where there are spaces at N1 and N29. Please note, the stair-climber is not stored in site so advance notification is essential. Alternatively, if you are able to transfer from your chair, theatre staff will be able to assist you to any aisle seat in the Dress Circle, which is up 12 steps. Your chair will be stored in a cloakroom by the Stalls. Staff are happy to help. F1 and F22 in the Stalls have the most leg room. Staff will also try to find suitable seating on the night.
- Women’s and men’s by Stalls, plus men’s 8 steps up and women’s 17 steps up from the Dress Circle.
- Disabled toilets
- One adapted toilet at Stalls. Door opens inwards.
- 2 licensed bars. Drinks may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. No steps from the Box Office into the Foyer Bar, through a set of double doors. There is another bar 3 steps down from the Stalls. Moveable seats.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens