Internationally acclaimed actor Matthew Perry stars in the world premiere of his playwriting debut, The End of Longing, at the Playhouse Theatre.
Described as a "fast-paced, and bittersweet comic new play", The End Of Longing centres on Jack, Stephanie, Joseph and Stevie: four lost souls, entering their forties and searching for meaning.
After sharing one raucous night together in a downtown Los Angeles bar, their lives become irreversibly entwined in a rollercoaster journey that forces them to confront the darker sides of their relationships.
A sharply written and hilarious dark comedy, The End of Longing will make you realise that broken people don't need to stay broken.
The End Of Longing will be directed by the award-winning director, Lindsay Posner (Speed-the-Plow, Other Desert Cities) who worked with Perry when he was last seen in the West End in 2003's Sexual Perversity In Chicago.
Perry is best known for his 10-year tenure on the hugely successful US sitcom Friends, in which he starred as Chandler Bing. His other numerous television credits include current US hit The Odd Couple, The Ron Clark Story and The West Wing, as well as films including 17 Again, The Whole Nine Yards, Three To Tango, Fools Rush In and A Night In The Life Of Jimmy Reardon.
Cast & Creatives
- Matthew Perry, Christina Cole, Jennifer Mudge, Lloyd Owen
- Matthew Perry
- Lindsay Posner
- Howard Panter and Adam Speers for the Ambassador Theatre Group
- Northumberland Avenue, London, United Kingdom WC2N 5DE
- 0844 871 7631 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross(250m) Embankment (100m)
- Nearest bus
- 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 23, 24, 29, 53, 77A, 88, 91, 139, 159, 176, 453
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (250m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Trafalgar, only 5 minutes walk away, or Q-Park Chinatown. Single and double yellow lines in Northumberland Avenue. Taxi rank on the Embankment and at Charing Cross Station.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Fax: 020 8544 7485 Minicom: 0870 060 6641 Email: email@example.com
- Discounts depend on the current production - please check with the Box Office.
- Limited mobility
- There is good leg room in the Stalls and the Boxes.
- Access description
- Level access through double doors opening outwards from the pavement. Box Office on the left, then 3 shallow steps up to foyer. No further steps into Stalls seating. 28 steps up to Dress Circle and 82 steps up to Upper Circle. Staircases have highlights and hand rails. Hard flooring in foyer for wheelchairs. Theatre opens 30min before performance.
- Hearing impaired
- Induction loop system at Box Office. Infra-red system in auditorium. 11 headsets and 3 loops.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed inside the auditorium. Staff also available to dog-sit in foyer or Box Office.
- Contact the Box Office in advance so that the ramp (steep) can be placed over the 3 shallow steps inside the main entrance. No steps to the Stalls, which are on a shallow rake. 2 spaces for wheelchair users at G1 and G24. Companions can sit in same row. Scooter users can access the foyer and stalls, but must transfer. Transfer seating available to any Stalls aisle seat. Each wheelchair user must bring a non-disabled companion.
- Toilets off the restaurant bar, the Royal Circle and the Upper Circle.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet in foyer to the right of the Stalls entrance.
- Toilets off the stalls bar, the Dress Circle and the Upper Circle. No steps from Stalls to foyer bar (no seating). Stalls bar (moveable seats, tables) down 29 steps from foyer. Further bars at the back of the Royal Circle (bar stools) and at the Upper Circle (bar stools). Refreshments can be brought to customers in the auditorium - please book in advance.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens