The iconic musical Dirty Dancing plays an eagerly anticipated West End season this Christmas, direct from its acclaimed UK tour.
Full of the passion, romance, heart-pounding music and, of course, sensationally sexy dancing, for which the title has a place in the public’s heart, this new production of the stage adaptation of the Patrick Swayze film tells the classic story of Baby and Johnny, and features the hit songs Hungry Eyes, Hey! Baby, Do You Love Me? and the showstopper (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life.
In the summer of 1963, 17-year-old Frances ‘Baby’ Houseman is stuck on a boring family holiday to New York’s Catskill Mountains.
But her world is about to be transformed when she stumbles across an all-night dance party at the staff quarters, meeting dance instructor Johnny Castle. Baby soon learns some major lessons in life – as well as a thing or two about dancing – when she becomes Johnny’s leading lady, both on-stage and off.
Having received two blockbuster West End runs, two hit UK tours and multiple sensational international productions, this interpretation of the story, told by director Federico Bellone, choreographer Gillian Bruce and designer Roberto Comotti, premiered in Milan in July 2015 to a fantastic reception, and now arrives at the Phoenix Theatre for 30 performances only.
Cast & Creatives
- Leigh Griffiths, Katie Hartland, Carlie Milner, Simone Craddock, Roger Martin, Jo Servi, Lizzie Ottley, Michael Kent, Greg Fossard, Tony Stansfield, Daniela Pobega, Camilla Rowland, Gabby Antrobus, Simon Campbell, Robert Colvin, Michael Cookson, Katie Eccles, Beth Highsted, Matthew James Hinchliff, Samuel John Humphreys, Megan Louch, Ashley Rumble, Callum Sterling, Austin Wilks, Karl James Wilson
- Eleanor Bergstein
- Federico Bellone
- Music by
- Conrad Helfrich
- Karl Sydow, Paul Elliott, Amber Jacobsen, Col Joye & Lionsgate
- Gillian Bruce
- Jennifer Irwin
- Lighting Designer
- Valerio Tiberi
- Set Designer
- Roberto Comotti
- Armando Vertullo
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Charing Cross Road, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 0JP
- 0843 316 1082 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge)
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Tottenham Court Road (100m) Leicester Square (130m).
- Nearest bus
- 19, 22, 24, 38, 40, 176
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown only 4 minutes walk away.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0844 871 7677 (Calls cost 7p per min plus your telephone company's network access charge) Email: email@example.com
- Discounts available for all wheelchair users and companions.
- Limited mobility
- Front row of the Dress Circle (21 steps up from the foyer) and all of the Stalls seats have good leg room.
- Access description
- Main entrance (Phoenix Street) up a 10cm step through swing doors into the foyer. Box Office counter to the left. Staircases have handrails on both sides. Stalls down 24 steps from the foyer, Dress Circle up 21 steps (2 steps between rows). Upper Circle up 42 steps. Venue carpeted throughout.
- Hearing impaired
- Ezee portable induction loop at box office. Infra-red system in the auditorium.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are welcome but are not permitted inside the auditorium. Staff are available to look after dogs in the staff room.
- Please ask a member of staff to open the side entrance on Flitcroft Street. Space for 1 wheelchair user and companion in Box C; not suitable for oversized/large electric wheelchairs. 2 transfer seats available to Dress Circle A27 and A28. Venue is not suitable for scooters, however 1 transferee is allowed in the transfer seats.
- 11 steps to the women’s and men’s off the Stalls. 15 steps up from the Dress Circle bar to women’s and men’s at this level, and further toilets at Upper Circle level.
- Disabled toilets
- Adapted toilet behind Box C in the Dress Circle. There are 2 slightly awkward turns.
- 4 licensed bars. Stalls bar down 3 steps from Stalls, Dress Circle bar up 3 steps from the Dress Circle (no seating). Soft drinks in plastic cups may be brought to disabled customers in the auditorium.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens