Hester is determined to live her last days to the full. Even if it kills her…
Inspired by an original composition by Brigit Forsyth, which she will play live among a feast of cello classics written by her daughter Zoe Mills, the pair star in this hilarious and irreverent brand new comedy – exploring inspiration, music, life and the right to die.
When professional cellist Hester Brook (Forsyth) is diagnosed with terminal cancer, she resigns herself to the prospect of a graceful and dignified final curtain. Such hopes are dashed, however, with the arrival of her new carer, Sara (Mills).
Armed with the best of intentions, little social sense and a morbid belief in the importance of a social media legacy, Sara’s school of care proves to be anathema for Hester’s gallows humour.
With an ingenious mix of live cello, projection and soundscape, Killing Time moves, amuses and provokes fresh thought on the most searching question we all may face: if you could leave the world your very last words… what would you say?
Brigit Forsyth has extensive television and stage credits including the BBC sitcom Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads and can currently be seen in Still Open All Hours.
Cast & Creatives
- Brigit Forsyth, Zoe Mills
- Zoe Mills
- Antony Eden
- Word Mills Productions and Dead Letter Perfect in association with Park Theatre
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Clifton Terrace, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP
- 020 7870 6876
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Finsbury Park
- Nearest bus
- 4, 19, 106, 153 210, 236, N19, W3, W7
- Nearest train
- Finsbury Park
Street parking is limited and metered.
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7870 6876
- Concession tickets can be purchased.
- Access description
- Lift access is available to all floors
- Hearing impaired
- Induction LOOP system available
- Guide dogs policy
- Service dogs can be accommodated in both auditoria. Please talk to the Box Office staff about requirements when booking.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated in both auditoria. Please talk to the Box Office staff about requirements when booking.
- Disabled toilets