Following the Grammy Award nominated success of INALA, a Zulu ballet performed with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Sisters Grimm return with Voices Of The Amazon, the tale of a water spirit from the Amazon River, who ventures deep into the rainforest in search of a cure for her dying sister. She soon finds that the forest is not as abundant as it was.
Award-winning American choreographer Helen Pickett, who has worked with the likes of Scottish Ballet and Royal Ballet of Flanders, fuses ballet, contemporary dance and capoeira with a lush musical score born of a collaboration with Brazilian songwriters and world-renowned percussionists, Olodum.
With voiceover narration by Jeremy Irons and performed by 15 dancers, singers and musicians, Voices of the Amazon is treat for all the senses, book now for an exhilarating live music and dance experience and embrace the true spirit of Brazil!
Singers and Band are on stage and songs are sung in Portuguese.
Cast & Creatives
- Jeremy Irons, Nathalie Harrison, Rachel Maybank, Charles Damasio, Hicaro Nicolai, Fernanda Muniz, Kauê Ribeiro, Leilani Telles, Michelle Buckley, Liam Burke, Kay Elizabeth, Stefanos Dimoulas, Rob Barron, Adam Kovacs, Matthew West, Tina Jacobs, Lucy Skinner
- Pietra Mello-Pittman
- Music by
- Ella Spira, Danny Nascimento, Dito Martins, Julien Davis, Olodum
- Sisters Grimm
- Helen Pickett
- Temple Clark
- Lighting Designer
- Ben Cracknell
- Adrian Rhodes
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Rosebery Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC1R 4TN
- 020 7863 8000
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Angel (250m)
- Nearest bus
- 19, 38, 341, 171a (Bus stop outside theatre) Sadler’s Wells Express Bus to Farringdon, Waterloo and Victoria stations only leaves 8 mins after each evening performance.
Car Park behind theatre – free space for disabled patrons – please book in advance.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 020 7863 8000 / Minicom: 020 7863 8105 / Fax 020 7863 8199 / Web: www.sadlerswells.com/access (information only) Email: email@example.com
- Discounts available for all disabled theatregoers who join the Access For All scheme. For more information call or write using the above details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited mobility
- Rows J and K in the Stalls and aisle seats have the most leg room.
- Access description
- No steps through entrance on Rosebery Avenue into foyer through automatic doors. Textured flooring to Box Office straight ahead with lowered counters and induction loop. Information monitors above Box Office. Steps have handrails and highlights. Lifts to all levels on right hand side of foyer, or 42 steps to 1st Circle, 63 to 2nd Circle. Signage raised and repeated at wheelchair accessible height. Voice announcements, Braille signage and monitor in lifts.
- Hearing impaired
- Infra-red system with 15 headsets - please book. Avoid back of Stalls. Collect headsets from shop. Deposit required.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs allowed into auditorium (aisle seats are best) and staff available to dog-sit.
- 15 spaces for wheelchair users in rows J-K of Stalls and in Stalls side gallery. 6 spaces at 1st Circle - take the lift from the foyer (to right of entrance). Companions can sit next to you or nearby depending on how many of the spaces have been booked.
- Men and women’s on 1st Circle and 2nd Circle levels, men’s in basement and women’s on mezzanine. Some toilets have large cubicles with grip rails.
- Disabled toilets
- 5 adapted toilets by right-hand entrance to Stalls, by lifts to 1st Circle and 2nd Circle, at basement and mezzanine levels.
- Bars at Stalls, 1st Circle and 2nd Circle levels all have moveable seats and tables and accessible counters.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens