Multi-award-winning actor, director, comedian and playwright Kathy Burke directs hilarious marital comedy Lady Windermere’s Fan in Classic Spring's Oscar Wilde season.
‘You gave me this fan today; it was your birthday present. If that woman crosses my threshold, I shall strike her across the face with it.’
The day of Lady Windermere’s birthday party, and all is perfectly in order. Until her friend Lord Darlington plants a seed of suspicion. Is her husband having an affair? And will the other woman really attend the party?
Kathy has previously starred in Gary Oldman’s film Nil by Mouth, for which she won Best Actress at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival, as well as Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Dancing in Lughnasa, Absolutely Fabulous and French and Saunders. She has directed at many of London’s leading venues, including the Donmar Warehouse, the Royal Court and the Hampstead Theatre.
Cast & Creatives
- Oscar Wilde
- Kathy Burke
- Classic Spring Theatre Company
Calendar is for reference only.
Click the Buy Tickets button (top right) or contact the theatre to book.
- Strand, London, United Kingdom, WC2R 0NH
- 0330 333 4814
- Official site
- Nearest tube
- Charing Cross (200m) Embankment (300m)
- Nearest bus
- 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 68, 7A, 91, 139, 176
- Nearest train
- Charing Cross (100m)
50% off parking when you park at Q-Park Chinatown or Q-Park Trafalgar, both only 7 minutes away.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens
- How to book
- Tel: 0330 333 4815 Fax: 020 7497 0087 Email: email@example.com
- Discounts are available for all disabled theatregoers and their companions, but vary depending on the current production.
- Limited mobility
- Stall aisle seats and boxes have the most leg room. Book early if you wish to sit in these seats.
- Access description
- There is a step of approx. 5cm then 2 sets of double doors opening into the foyer. Box Office counter on right. Staircases are all highlighted and have handrails on both sides. Stalls are 6 steps down from the foyer. 27 steps up to the Dress Circle (3 steps between rows). Upper Circle 54 steps up from foyer, though very narrow. Auditorium open 30 mins before performance.
- Hearing impaired
- No facilities at present.
- Guide dogs policy
- Guide dogs are allowed in the auditorium and boxes and staff can dog-sit at foyer cloakroom or management office by prior arrangement with the management.
- Steps to all levels. Wheelchair users who will remain in their chair can use the AAT Major stair-climber which gives access to the stalls, where seats S8-11 can be removed to create spaces. Patrons requiring the use of the stair climber are asked to arrive at the theatre 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the performance.Transfer seating available to any aisle seat on left-hand side of Stalls - down 6 steps from foyer. Alternatively, access the Dress Circle through a side EXIT door on Lumley Court. Please notify a member of staff at the Box Office if you wish to use this entrance. No access to toilets from this level. 1 shallow step immediately inside door and 2 further steps to the left to row A. Box C up 2 fairly steep steps to the right, 74cm in width. Entrance to the box is 56cm wide - so it would be necessary to transfer to a moveable seat inside the Box from this entrance.
- Women’s 6 steps down from foyer, through 56cm wide door with cubicles. Men’s urinals 12 steps up from foyer. Men’s toilets 25 steps up from foyer.
- Disabled toilets
- There is currently no disabled toilet in the Theatre, however we have an arrangement with the Adelphi Theatre (25 metres along the Strand) to use their facilities. A member of staff will accompany anyone wishing to use these facilities.
- Drinks brought to disabled customers in the auditorium. Dress Circle bar 22 steps up from the foyer with moveable seats. Further bar at Upper Circle level.
- This venue accepts Theatre Tokens